Marked by P. C. Cast
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (kassyavon)
    Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (Kerian, PandorasRequiem)
    PandorasRequiem: Same flavor *grin* as these books in this series. If you like this series, you will also most likely "Blue Bloods" by Melissa De La Cruz. Private "Vampire Finishing School": narrated by the outcast who has problems fitting into her new surroundings, her new attraction to blood and the Changes in her body. But, she has good friends who stand by her and attracts the eye of a quite fetching young man. Good read, same type of genre. :)… (more)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (Lavinient)
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (Kateri28)

English (318)  German (4)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (324)
ok.. ok kind of a story... just read it.... leave it...
Nothing tingles inside you when you read it.... ( )
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
"There also stands the gloomy house of night,
Ghastly clouds shroud it in darkness.
And unwiring arms firmly supports the broad sky,
Where Night and Day cross a bronze threshold
And then come close and greet each other."

After I read the Twilight series I didn't think any vamp series will hook me, but this one did, it is really good and different then Twilight, it is more close to the old vampires stories, like they awake at night and sleep through the day, they drink blood and enjoy it, but what is different that they eat too and sleep! Whenever one of them did something good or has a strange ability he gets beside the mark a beautiful tattoo in his forehead and maybe shoulders! Before turning into a vampire you should go through stages for four years and then you won't die and become a full grown vampire! And the whole world knows there are vampires. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
"There also stands the gloomy house of night,
Ghastly clouds shroud it in darkness.
And unwiring arms firmly supports the broad sky,
Where Night and Day cross a bronze threshold
And then come close and greet each other."

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I first heard about how interesting this series is from a friend who has similar tastes to mine. It's interesting to read different versions of mythical creatures and this one has now been included in this category. Zoey is a sixteen year old just wanting to fit in, have her family back and go on as normal. She quickly learns that she's far from normal as she's marked by a Tracker and has to move to the House of Night private school for vampyre fledglings. She encounters a lot of challenges particularly from a group of girls who are used to running the school. Zoey soon realizes that all is not as it seems and will need the help of her newfound friends, the vampyre Goddess Nyx and her Cherokee grandmother to confront coming events.
I really enjoyed reading this book and found myself laughing through certain parts. I am excited to read the next book in the series and catch up on how things are going with Zoey and her friends!!!
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
From Hesiod's poem to Nyx, the Greek personification of night:

"There also stands the gloomy house of Night; ghastly clouds shroud it in darkness.
Before it Atlas stands erect and on his head
and unwearying arms firmly supports the
broad sky,
where Night and Day cross a bronze threshold
and then come close and greet each other."

(Hesiod, Theogony, 744 ᶠᶠ∙)
For our wonderful agent, Meredith Bernstein, who said the three magic words: vampyre finishing school. We heart you!
Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse I saw the dead guy standing next to my locker.
I've found that the way a person feels about cats - and the way they feel about him or her in return - is usually an excellent gauge by which to measure a person's character.
Cats chose us; we don't own them.

Enter the dark, magical world of the House of Night, a world very much like our own, except here vampyres have always existed.

One minute, sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird is a normal teenager dealing with everyday high school stress: her cute boyfriend Heath, the school’s star quarterback who suddenly seems more interested in partying than playing ball; her nosy frenemy Kayla, who’s way too concerned with how things are going with Heath; her uber-tough geometry test tomorrow.  The next, she’s Marked as a fledgling vampyre, forcing her to leave her ordinary life behind and join the House of Night, a boarding school where she will train to become an adult vampyre.  That is, if she makes it through the Change—and not all of those who are Marked do.  It sucks to begin a new life, especially away from her friends, and on top of that, Zoey is no average fledgling.  She has been chosen as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx.  Zoey discovers she has amazing powers, but along with her powers come bloodlust and an unfortunate ability to Imprint with Heath, who just doesn’t know how to take “no” for an answer.  To add to her stress, she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers: when she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite group, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny—with a little help from her new vampyre friends.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:05 -0400)

The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampires have always existed. In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire--that is, if she makes it through the Change. Not all of those who are chosen do. It's tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampire Goddess, Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampire friends.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,958,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible