Marked by P. C. Cast
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (kassyavon)
    Blue Bloods by Melissa De la Cruz (Kerian, PandorasRequiem)
    PandorasRequiem: Same flavor *grin* as these books in this series. If you like this series, you will also most likely "Blue Bloods" by Melissa De La Cruz. Private "Vampire Finishing School": narrated by the outcast who has problems fitting into her new surroundings, her new attraction to blood and the Changes in her body. But, she has good friends who stand by her and attracts the eye of a quite fetching young man. Good read, same type of genre. :)… (more)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (Lavinient)
    Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (Kateri28)

English (324)  German (5)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All (331)
I loved this book so much I couldn't believe I read it twice. The characters are so vivid and true to their nature. I know how Zoey feels. Its a pure sign of the true hoe and assurance that we all have been Marked for a purpose. That purpose is ours to find. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
I read this book in 2009, buying it from the bookstore my stepdad owned. It was after I was reading the Twilight series. Unlike Twilight, this one is better written, more thought out and interesting. The characters are nice and wonderful. I have grown to be fond of the series. ( )
  kyndyleizabella | Jan 23, 2017 |
LOL, I'm sorry but this is a second-rate load of crap that makes an 8-year-old's chicken scratch seem like it was sent from the Gods. Characters fall flat like paper. Reading through Marked was almost physically painful. The plot is doll an as two dimensional as a runway model. And the suspense... Oh dear Lord--it is nonexistent. Plain and simple, it was just... well... sad. I mean its great and all if you have bats in the belfry. Really, a stupid book written for stupid people. But we all were somewhat stupid as teenagers so for that I give 2 stars and an A for meetings the needs of the target audience. As for me. Meh. Just endless lyrics with loads of spelling errors thrown in. I got through it alive but I'm warning all people all across the nations who don't have cobwebs in the brain. TRY but it will make you want to rip out your hair by CHAPTER 5!! So happy to be done with this. Oh wait. I have to read the next book. :( Book club. ( )
  Shelby-Lamb-Author | Jan 17, 2017 |
I liked this book - but lost interest five or so books into the series. If you haven't tried the series but are looking for a new YA paranormal romance series, be aware that this one might get old pretty fast. After a while, the plots got pretty repetitive and made it not even worth the effort of keeping up with the new releases. The series started out pretty good though. ( )
  ItEntertainsMe | Oct 4, 2016 |
I loved this book. The story is about Zoey Redbird who is Marked as a vampyre fledgling. She has to leave her normal high school and transfer to the House of Night a private school for forming vampyres. She has a crappy family who doesn't support her and has to adapt not only to the Change but also a new school and friends.

This was a great book, the characters are entertaining and relate-able(even though they are vampyre). The story was good and left room for more to happen (I know it is a series and i am super excited about that). The way that Zoey interacts with others is angst-y and kind of teenage dramatic, but it works. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
From Hesiod's poem to Nyx, the Greek personification of night:

"There also stands the gloomy house of Night; ghastly clouds shroud it in darkness.
Before it Atlas stands erect and on his head
and unwearying arms firmly supports the
broad sky,
where Night and Day cross a bronze threshold
and then come close and greet each other."

(Hesiod, Theogony, 744 ᶠᶠ∙)
For our wonderful agent, Meredith Bernstein, who said the three magic words: vampyre finishing school. We heart you!
Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse I saw the dead guy standing next to my locker.
I've found that the way a person feels about cats - and the way they feel about him or her in return - is usually an excellent gauge by which to measure a person's character.
Cats chose us; we don't own them.

Enter the dark, magical world of the House of Night, a world very much like our own, except here vampyres have always existed.

One minute, sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird is a normal teenager dealing with everyday high school stress: her cute boyfriend Heath, the school’s star quarterback who suddenly seems more interested in partying than playing ball; her nosy frenemy Kayla, who’s way too concerned with how things are going with Heath; her uber-tough geometry test tomorrow.  The next, she’s Marked as a fledgling vampyre, forcing her to leave her ordinary life behind and join the House of Night, a boarding school where she will train to become an adult vampyre.  That is, if she makes it through the Change—and not all of those who are Marked do.  It sucks to begin a new life, especially away from her friends, and on top of that, Zoey is no average fledgling.  She has been chosen as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx.  Zoey discovers she has amazing powers, but along with her powers come bloodlust and an unfortunate ability to Imprint with Heath, who just doesn’t know how to take “no” for an answer.  To add to her stress, she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers: when she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite group, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny—with a little help from her new vampyre friends.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:05 -0400)

The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampires have always existed. In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire--that is, if she makes it through the Change. Not all of those who are chosen do. It's tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampire Goddess, Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampire friends.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,228,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible