Devil's Kiss - Dir bleiben 48 Stunden:…

Devil's Kiss - Dir bleiben 48 Stunden: Thriller (edition 2007)

by Robert Gregory Browne, Karlheinz Dürr (Übersetzer)

"ATF Agent Jack Donovan has two ambitions: take down cult leader Alex Gunderson after years of violent mayhem, and reconnect with his daughter, Jessie, who has somehow managed to slip from his life. But none of Jack's experience as a stellar cop or an absent father has prepared him for the unthinkable way these two parts of his life are about to collide. In a desperate act of revenge, Gunderson kidnaps Jessie and buries her alive. But just as Jack's team is closing in, fate intervenes in the form of a bullet, and the secret of Jessie's location is lost. With only a few precious hours of oxygen to sustain her, and with not a single clue pointing in her direction, Jessie is sure to die - unless Jack can somehow find her. Jack would trade anything in the world for just one shot to save his little girl - even his own life."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Devil's Kiss - Dir bleiben 48 Stunden: Thriller
Authors:Robert Gregory Browne
Other authors:Karlheinz Dürr (Übersetzer)
Info:Knaur TB (2007), Taschenbuch, 416 pages
Rating:*

Kiss Her Goodbye by Robert Gregory Browne

This is not great literature. I'm not sure I can even call it good genre fiction. But if you can deal with a crime thriller with a heavy dose of the supernatural/paranormal, this can be a real page-turner. It wasn't the sort of tale I could really believe, but I could suspend disbelief and enjoy the story. I definitely wanted to know how it turned out.

Jack Donovan is a Chicago-based ATF agent and former CPD detective. His chief nemesis kidnaps his daughter and taunts him with the knowledge that she has been buried alive with a limited air supply. This prompts an increasingly frantic investigation, and some risky behavior by Jack. In the process, this skeptic agent faces questions of what happens when we die? when a heart stops and is revived by a medic? Things begin to get very strange.

Lots of people die in this book. Suffice it to say, some are deader than others. ( )
  tymfos | Apr 17, 2010 |
FORTUNATELY, it’s not often one comes across a book quite as dire as this one: the only mystery is how it managed to get published at all, let alone by a reputable house. When ATF agent Jack Donovan fatally injures the wife of terrorist cult leader Alex Gunderson, Gunderson kidnaps Donovan’s estranged daughter Jessie and buries her alive.

What follows is a hotchpotch involving near- death experiences, the Chucky-style transmigration of souls, and possession.

All nonsense, and boring nonsense at that, this book skids uncomfortably between thriller and the supernatural, and is as schizophrenic as some of its characters ( )
  adpaton | Dec 5, 2007 |
For my father, mother, and sister, who always supported the dream. And for Leila, Lani, and Matthew, who long ago fulfilled it.
It all started when the pregnant girl went crazy.
Author's Note: In service of this story, I've taken a few liberties with setting, geography, law-enforcement agencies, and folklore. As Faulkner once said, a writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that's why we call what he writes fiction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,200,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible