The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones

The Faerie Path (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Frewin Jones

490None20,790 (3.53)30
Member:Joybee
Title:The Faerie Path
Authors:Frewin Jones
Info:HarperTeen (2007), Edition: 1ST, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Read 2013, Read but unowned
Tags:Fantasy, Young Adult, Series, Faerie, Magic

The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones (2007)

Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I can honestly say this book was painful for me. I usually will finish any book I pick up regardless how I feel about it; this book was the rare exception to that rule. I made in about 2/3s of the way in before I could not take any more of it. It was horribly dry and slow starting. My mother-in-law also tried to read the book, but also could not finish it. She made it about 1/3 of the way through in a year of the book being at her house. ( )
  Felelith | Mar 28, 2013 |
I really didn't think i'd like this all that much at first, but by the end i was happily surprised! ( )
  la_bibliofila | Aug 16, 2011 |
I pretty much read The Faerie Path on impulse. I was at the library picking up some other books and I saw it sitting on a nearby table. The cover caught my eye with its intriguing beauty, and I vaguely recalled seeing it somewhere online, so I picked it up without even glancing at the summary. I figured it was about faeries, and that was all I needed to know.

The story is kind of what I was expecting from the cover -it felt like a children's book on steroids (just enough to pass for a YA book) -but I was hoping for something a little more unique and engaging than what I got.

In The Faerie Path, Anita begins to fall in love with her Romeo and Juliet co-star, and new student, Evan. However, after a near-death experience with him, she is transported to Faerie, and learns that she is actually Tania, a faerie princess who was betrothed to the nobleman Gabriel, but mysteriously disappeared. Anita must adjust to her new life as Tania, while dealing with the marriage proposals of Gabriel and her growing feelings for Evan. Just as it seems that Anita/Tania is starting to adjust, betrayal comes to light in Faerie and Anita/Tania must decide her destiny.

The Faerie Path is an incredibly predictable and unoriginal story, and, unfortunately, it begins so slowly that I nearly put it down several times within the first one hundred pages. I ultimately continued because I had nothing else to read, and it did get more interesting near the end. Sadly, the characters are cardboard cut-outs, hardly likable and easily forgettable. Anita/Tania was the only character who had any personality, but it was hard to find.

This may be good for fans of fairy tales, pure romance and Twilight, but it just wasn't for me. I'm glad I checked out this book, but I wouldn't read any sequels. ( )
  BookAddictDiary | Jan 29, 2011 |
Young teen, fantasy, romance. Nice balance between action and romance keeps the storyline moving. And it falls into the "clean" read category! ( )
  storyteller1020 | Jan 28, 2011 |
For Rod
Anita Palmer stepped out of the shower and reached for the bath towel. Wrapping it around herself, she padded over to the mirror. She lifted her hand and swept a clear path across the misted glass before leaning forward to look at her reflection.

Swept away into a court of magic and beauty, she discovers she is Tania, the lost princess of Faerie. Since Tania's mysterious disappearance five hundred years before, Faerie has been sunk in darkness and gloom. With her return, Faerie comes alive again as a land of winged children, glittering balls, and fantastic delights. But Tania can't forget Anita's world, or the boy she loved there.

Torn between two loves and between two worlds, Tania slowly remembers why she disappeared, and realizes that she is the only one who can stop a sinister plan that threatens the entire world of Faerie.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:44 -0400)

Anita, an ordinary sixteen-year-old girl, is transported from modern-day London to the realm of Faerie where she discovers that she is Princess Tania, the long-lost daughter of King Oberon and Queen Titania.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,479,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible