Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook by…

Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook (original 1996; edition 1997)

by Scott Adams

Series: Dilbert

Member:alpacaherder
Title:Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook
Authors:Scott Adams
Info:HarperBusiness (1997), Paperback, 192 pages

Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook by Scott Adams (1996)

Read this one last week in a couple of evenings. I was not overly impressed. I never read the Dilbert comic, so it was all new to me. But I found the sarcasm and digs at corporate life to be generally unfunny. Of course, the book is dated as well, having been written in the mid-nineties. There were a few things that made me chuckle but this is not a book I would recommend. ( )
  glade1 | Aug 6, 2010 |
Read
  wlchui | Aug 2, 2009 |
This is a great book. Adams does a wonderful job of capturing Dogbert's arrogance and some common themes in hi-tech management. ( )
  markusnenadovus | Dec 27, 2007 |
ISBN 0-7522-2410-7
  doodlebugger | Aug 26, 2007 |
Dilbert strikes again - this time dealing with things that Managers need in their daily lives - including:

Pretending to care - learn how to hear without listening.

Making decisions - be a leader without making any.

I love Dilbert - no, edit that - I LOVE Dogbert!

I read this intently to get ideas to torment my long suffering staff even more!!! ( )
1 vote Jawin | Jan 4, 2007 |
Leadership isn't something you're born with. It's something you learn by reading Dogbert books.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0887307884, Hardcover)

Cartoonist Scott Adams gives us still more corporate belly laughs with a point in Dogbert's Management Secrets Revealed, the 10th book based on his wildly popular Dilbert comic strip. Taken this time directly from the word processor of world-class consultant Dogbert, it focuses on critical management responsibilities like keeping up with fads, implementing pointless reorganizations and demanding status reports. "Leadership isn't something you're born with," it declares. "It's something you learn by reading Dogbert books."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:47 -0400)

By the author of the Dilbert Principle, a very funny book of cartoons and text.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,401 books! | Top bar: Always visible