The Elements of Editing: A Modern Guide for…

The Elements of Editing: A Modern Guide for Editors and Journalists… (original 1982; edition 1986)

by Arthur Plotnik

Member:joeeasterly
Title:The Elements of Editing: A Modern Guide for Editors and Journalists (Elements of Series)
Authors:Arthur Plotnik
Info:MacMillan Publishing Company (1986), Paperback, 156 pages
Collections:Reference Books

The Elements of Editing: A Modern Guide For Editors And Journalists by Arthur Plotnik (1982)

Informative, if now somewhat dated, basic grounding in the editorial process. ( )
  Fiddleback_ | Dec 17, 2018 |
I wish I could find a more current updated version of this book. The Elements of Editing is perfectly edited. Of all the books on writing I've read this one cuts the fat and is nothing but what I need. There are no long winded stories and analogies that go on for paragraphs and pages. Nope, every page of this book had a post it for notes and the notes were straight forward. Just think of when you read reviews that say, "They could of said it in half the pages."

Plotnik says it in half the pages...and it is still entertaining. ( )
  Katrinia17 | Dec 30, 2017 |
Plotnik was the editor of American Libraries for many years. This is a good basic guide to what editors do and how they go about it. If you are new to editing or new to writing, I recommend it. ( )
  aulsmith | Jul 15, 2010 |
To the staff of American Libraries magazine; my family; and Marilyn, who put up with an editor writing a book about editing.
I have written this small book because a thousand times in my career I have groped for it and come up empty-handed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,914,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible