I Escaped The World's Deadliest Shark…

I Escaped The World's Deadliest Shark Attack: The Sinking of the USS…

by Scott Peters

741,747,002 (5)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very suspenseful writing by the author and it's based on real life. You can really feel the what the survivors had to do in order to survive. It was also good that the books were filled with little nuggets of facts of the situation and what to do during a shark attack ( )
1 vote YukiNatsuo | Dec 13, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My 10 year old son was so excited to get this book and he read it right away. I couldn't believe how fast he finished it. He said it was excellent and he would recommend it to all his friends. ( )
1 vote booksnhoes | Nov 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to read and kept me reading to see how it would turn out. It was quite the adventure that the characters had to go through as such an age. ( )
1 vote polarmath | Nov 16, 2019 |
Sixteen-year-old Josh had joined the Navy for revenge against the Japanese after his father was killed in the Pearl Harbor attacks. He never expected the Indianapolis, a Navy warship with over 1100 men, to be torpedoed and that it would sink with over 300 men on board. It left him, and almost 900 other sailors, struggling to survive at sea while brazen sharks attacked them relentlessly.

Before reading this, I had never heard of the torpedoing and subsequent sinking of the USS Indianapolis by a Japanese submarine in the Philippine Sea on July 30, 1945. The story of the brave survivors who endured 5 days of shark attacks, hunger, thirst, injuries and hopelessness is told in this well written book. Interspersed with Josh’s story are period photographs, which lend authenticity to an already authentic story.

I couldn’t pull myself away, and read this in one sitting, as the fast paced chapters kept me eagerly turning pages to learn the fate of these brave men. Reluctant readers will find the same eagerness to keep reading.

Highly recommended for ages 15 and older.

An electronic copy of the book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Book review link: https://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2019/10/05/i-escaped-the-worlds-deadlie... ( )
1 vote sunshinealma | Oct 5, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Scott Peters's book I Escaped The World's Deadliest Shark Attack is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Scott Peters is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,340,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible