Hope's Highest Mountain (Hearts of Montana)…

Hope's Highest Mountain (Hearts of Montana) (edition 2019)

by Beller (Author)

Member:JenGalaxy4
Title:Hope's Highest Mountain (Hearts of Montana)
Authors:Beller (Author)
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2019), 320 pages

Hope's Highest Mountain (Hearts of Montana) by Beller

No tags.

In her first Hearts of Montana novel, Hope’s Highest Mountain, Misty M. Beller takes readers into the Montana wilderness for a delightful adventure and romance.

Ingrid Chastain is traveling with her father to deliver smallpox vaccines when a terrible accident forever alters her future. Injured and alone, she needs the help that only mountain man Dr. Micah Bradley can offer. As she recuperates—and he confronts the past he hoped to leave behind—the vaccine-delivery mission calls for attention and takes them on a journey of danger, faith, and hope.

As the story of Hope’s Highest Mountain unfolds, it proves to be an interesting one. With their survival at stake, both Ingrid and Micah must takes steps with strength and wisdom. Though at times, the haunting refrain of Micah’s past becomes repetitive, like a broken record, I enjoyed joining their life-saving trek across the frontier and look forward to reading more of the series soon.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. ( )
  hes7 | Oct 27, 2019 |
What I think you should know:
Hope’s Highest Mountain is a book set in 1866 Montana Territory. Ingrid Chastain as sheltered lady ventures west with her father, a doctor to deliver much needed smallpox vaccine, when tragedy strikes she finds her true strength in her determination to save lives. Micah Bradley lost his family to smallpox and stopped practicing medicine, will he choose overcome his past to help deliver the vaccine.

What I enjoyed about his book:
Ingrid goes from Boston Lady to sole survivor of her traveling party in the blink of an eye, however Misty M. Beller, the author wrote her as a character with strength and determination that it must have taken for people to survive to settle our country. Micah’s letters to Rachel were heartbreaking but add layer to Micah that made him such a deeper character.I loved the author’s description of the surroundings I felt like I was in the wilderness with the characters. I enjoyed this book and hope that we will be able to follow up on some of the other characters that we met in this book.

I received a complimentary copy for this book from Celebrate Lit, this in no way influenced my review. All opinions are my own ( )
  DonnaC83 | Oct 25, 2019 |
This is a new book by this author that starts a new series. This has been one of my favorite stories by this author. This one made me laugh and cry. I love the characters that they meet and join up with. There are many twists and turns before they get to where they are going. I am really looking forward to more books in this series about Montana. I received a copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Oct 22, 2019 |
Hope’s Highest Mountain is the first book I’ve read by Misty M. Beller and it did not disappoint!

The story is instantly engaging and filled with beautiful imagery. It’s easy to get lost into the setting of the mountains.

The characters were easy to attach to and root for. Micah’s determination to keep his little group safe, all the while struggling with his own guilt, was admirable. Ingrid’s sweet spirit and unwavering faith made her a very likeable female lead.

The faith elements were very strong, often weaving prayer into the story with ease.

Hope’s Highest Mountain is filled with heartache, hope and perseverance. I enjoyed it very much! I definitely recommend this book to those who enjoy historical Christian fiction and wilderness survival stories. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series, Love’s Mountain Quest, due out in June 2020.

To learn more about author Misty M. Beller, visit www.mistymbeller.com !

Hope’s Highest Mountain is available NOW – visit www.christianbook.com to purchase your copy!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers. A positive review was not required. All opinions expressed are completely my own. ( )
  JenGalaxy4 | Oct 21, 2019 |
This book is a strong reminder of the horrible hardships that our forefathers suffered. Smallpox epidemics that claimed both young and old. Traveling by horse and wagon across dangerous terrain. Snow covered mountains and freezing temperatures. Uncertain futures and living alone in the wilderness. Hope's Highest Mountain has all of this but it also offers characters that have tremendous integrity and perseverance. I was touched by Ingrid Chastain as she dealt with loss and injury and the realization that she was now alone. I admired her determination to deliver smallpox vaccine even though it meant suffering intense physical pain and I felt her frustration when Micah Bradley at first refused to help her. I also understood his reluctance because Micah's heartache and tragic past had been caused by this horrible epidemic.

Author Misty M. Beller's descriptive words have painted a vivid picture of the snow covered mountains in the Montana Territory and the possibility of freezing to death before help can arrive. I could almost feel the pain of broken bones with no pain relief available and the despair that smallpox might claim yet more lives! She does, however, show the comfort that can be found in prayer. Prayer is a big part of Hope's Highest Mountain and faith runs deep in the storyline. There is also a reminder that it is only through acceptance and surrender to God's Plan that we can truly find hope and comfort.

And did I mention romance? Micah and Ingrid experience a strong attraction but he carries so much personal baggage---is there a chance for 'happily ever after' for them? I am so glad that I could read this first book in the Hearts of Montana series and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys adventure and romance.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author and Bethany House and a positive review was not required. These opinions are my own. ( )
  fcplcataloger | Oct 18, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,528,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible