Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist by…

Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (2006)

by Liz Kessler

Series: Emily Windsnap (3)

Emily Windsnap is a brave and daring girl. She leads an interesting life because she is half mermaid, half human. This story takes place in two places; Allpoints Island and the middle of the ocean. There is a castle in the misty ocean. You can't get to the castle, even if you swam for hours and hours. In the beginning, Emily finds a ring buried on the island. King Neptune, the ruler of all oceans, wants the ring for himself. No one know why. He throws Emily, her best friend Shona, and her mom's friend Millie, off the island and into the ocean. Emily and Shona try to get to the castle but it takes them too long so they give up and go home. That night Emily has a dream. It tells her to let the ring she found lead her to the castle. When she wakes up she decides to do just that. When she gets there she meets a young boy her age named Aaron. He tells her why Neptune wants the ring. Read this book to find out if Emily gets off the island and why Neptune wants the ring.

Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist is a great book. I thought it was so suspenseful that you felt like you were Emily or Shona. There is so much detail that when the book talked about Emily feeling weak or the ring burning her hand, I felt it too. All of the characters are very real. They aren't too perfect. I recommend this book to people who have read the other books in the series. It would be hard to understand if you haven't read the other books.

I ( )
  Olivia.Rose3 | May 19, 2015 |
I think this was probably one of my favorite books of Emily's. This is an easy read, and I think little girls will love Emily. ( )
  millett23 | Nov 4, 2010 |
How cool would it be if your mom was human and your dad was merfolk and you’re half and half? Well I know someone who is. Her name’s Emily Windsnap. She goes to school with her best friend Shona in an underwater mermaid school, and that’s where the story really begins. Emily finds a diamond ring lost in the ocean but it won’t come off her finger when she tries to take it off, so Neptune lays a curse on her so she can’t be halve human and halve mermaid anymore so he can have the ring. Right after Neptune creates a big storm and Emily gets lost in the middle of the ocean and then she finds out that the only way to break the spell is to bring the pearl ring which is lost and the diamond ring together before the spring equinox
  sasgrade4 | Sep 16, 2009 |
Very Very Good throughout ( )
  i08burac | Sep 29, 2008 |
Definately read the other two before this one, or you'll be lost. It's my least favorite of the three. ( )
  hezann73 | Jul 15, 2007 |

Liz Kesslerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, FintyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And if our hands should meet in another dream, we shall build another tower in the sky. - From The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
This book is dedicated to "the other SAS," especially Celia Rees and Lee Weatherly, without whom Emily might still be lost at sea. Also to my sister, Caroline Kessler, without whom I would have been pretty lost myself.
It's midnight, and as light as day.

"An easy sell to girls looking for a friendship story with more than a touch of make-believe." — KIRKUS REVIEWS

When Emily Windsnap discovers an old diamond ring during a class hunt for trinkets, how is she supposed to know that the ring is half the key to unlocking an ancient curse by Neptune himself? Now, with the ring stuck firmly on her hand, Emily finds herself under a new curse: in just a few days, she’ll cease to be half-human and half-mermaid and must say good-bye to one of her parents forever. Can she possibly find the other missing ring that will break all the curses? Is there anyone who can help her — before it’s too late?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:39 -0400)

When she incurs Neptune's wrath by finding a diamond ring buried under rocks in the ocean, Emily is put under a curse that will force her to choose to be either a mermaid or a human and split up her parents forever.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763633305, 0763638099

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,934,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible