Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist by…

Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (2006)

by Liz Kessler

English (5)  German (1)  All languages (6)
I think this was probably one of my favorite books of Emily's. This is an easy read, and I think little girls will love Emily. ( )
  millett23 | Nov 4, 2010 |
How cool would it be if your mom was human and your dad was merfolk and you’re half and half? Well I know someone who is. Her name’s Emily Windsnap. She goes to school with her best friend Shona in an underwater mermaid school, and that’s where the story really begins. Emily finds a diamond ring lost in the ocean but it won’t come off her finger when she tries to take it off, so Neptune lays a curse on her so she can’t be halve human and halve mermaid anymore so he can have the ring. Right after Neptune creates a big storm and Emily gets lost in the middle of the ocean and then she finds out that the only way to break the spell is to bring the pearl ring which is lost and the diamond ring together before the spring equinox
  sasgrade4 | Sep 16, 2009 |
Very Very Good throughout ( )
  i08burac | Sep 29, 2008 |
Definately read the other two before this one, or you'll be lost. It's my least favorite of the three. ( )
  hezann73 | Jul 15, 2007 |
And if our hands should meet in another dream, we shall build another tower in the sky. - From The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
This book is dedicated to "the other SAS," especially Celia Rees and Lee Weatherly, without whom Emily might still be lost at sea. Also to my sister, Caroline Kessler, without whom I would have been pretty lost myself.
It's midnight, and as light as day.

"An easy sell to girls looking for a friendship story with more than a touch of make-believe." — KIRKUS REVIEWS

When Emily Windsnap discovers an old diamond ring during a class hunt for trinkets, how is she supposed to know that the ring is half the key to unlocking an ancient curse by Neptune himself? Now, with the ring stuck firmly on her hand, Emily finds herself under a new curse: in just a few days, she’ll cease to be half-human and half-mermaid and must say good-bye to one of her parents forever. Can she possibly find the other missing ring that will break all the curses? Is there anyone who can help her — before it’s too late?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:06 -0400)

When she incurs Neptune's wrath by finding a diamond ring buried under rocks in the ocean, Emily is put under a curse that will force her to choose to be either a mermaid or a human and split up her parents forever.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Candlewick Press

Two editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763633305, 0763638099

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,484,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible