Book Lust by Nancy Pearl

Book Lust (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Nancy Pearl

Member:Fliss88
Title:Book Lust
Authors:Nancy Pearl
Info:Sasquatch Books (2003), Edition: annotated edition, Paperback, 287 pages
Collections:Read.., Your library
Tags:Own, Books About Books, Reference

Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason by Nancy Pearl (2003)

English (53)  Swedish (1)  All languages (54)
Ten years old this year, this book could stand to be updated—and I didn't care much for Pearl's vaguely cheesy style of writing—but reading a book about books is just a lot of fun. My to-read shelf will have practically doubled by the time I finish going back through the book to add titles to it.

[Updated after trying to read Book Crush: I've decided that these books are really useful only when you can buy your own copy and use it as a shopping list. Trying to make separate lists from it is just an absurd pain in the neck, and not worth the effort.]
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Great resource for finding books based on topics. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
I turn to this when I'm looking for something new to read ( )
  WonderlandGrrl | Jan 29, 2016 |
Y'know, Pearl means well. But her annotations are so simplistic, if you're not willing to fly blindfolded, she won't be much help. I glanced at every page and used this website to look up a few of her recommendations, but found nothing to add to my to-read list.

Two main problems - 1) if your taste doesn't match hers, you'll often be disappointed. 2) GoodReads community reviews and Listopias and groups make a book like hers unnecessary. Even google books and amazon reviews are probably more helpful.

That said, if someone gives you a copy, say thank you. And hang on to it awhile; stick it on your reference shelf. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Just not my cup of tea. ( )
  yasmine_d | Mar 8, 2014 |
Introduction
I love to read. And while I might not absolutely agree with the Anglo-American man of letters Logan Pearsall Smith, who said, "People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading," I come awfully close to subscribing to his sentiment. In fact, back in the days when I did such things, I needlepointed the quotation onto a piece of canvas. I've never gotten around to framing it or turning it into a pillow. Too many books, and life, had my attention, I guess.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0613925203, School & Library Binding)

FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. What to read next is every book lover's greatest dilemma. Nancy Pearl comes to the rescue with this wide-ranging and fun guide to the best reading by devising reading lists to cater to every mood, occasion, and personality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:00 -0400)

Presents 170 themed reading lists designed for any type of reading, from "chick lit" to books on bicycling, covering a wide variety of tastes and topics.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,122,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible