Multiple Intelligences: The Theory In…

Multiple Intelligences: The Theory In Practice, A Reader (1993)

by Howard Gardner

English (3)  French (1)  All (4)
""
  rouzejp | Sep 2, 2015 |
Having read enough about this in other sources (including his), much of this collection of essays involved repeated points (even within just those included). When I saw the "The Case For Multiple Intelligences" in a heading on p.237, I was sure I'd seen it several times previously. I found this hard to read, dry, and academic. Still, the content overall is worthwhile and would probably be somewhat more engaging to someone who is completely new to the concept. ( )
  jpsnow | May 26, 2008 |
Anyone interested in teaching should take a look at this book. Mr. Gardner shows us that students approach learning in many different ways. ( )
  MorgannaKerrie | Aug 6, 2006 |
To my colleagues at Harvard Project Zero, who have extended the theory of multiple intelligences in significant ways;

To the practitioners, who have demonstrated the usefulness of the theory in diverse settings;

To the funders, who have generously made our work possible.
Allow me to transport all of us to the Paris of 1900---La Belle Epoque---when the city fathers of Paris approached a psychologist named Alfred Binet with an unusual request: Could he devise some kind of measure that would predict which youngsters would succeed and which would fail in the primary grades of Paris schools?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 046501822X, Paperback)

Howard Gardner’s brilliant conception of individual competence is changing the face of education today. In the ten years since the publication of his seminal Frames of Mind, thousands of educators, parents, and researchers have explored the practical implications of Multiple Intelligences (MI) theory—the powerful notion that there are separate human capacities, ranging from musical intelligence to the intelligence involved in understanding oneself. Multiple Intelligences: The Theory in Practice brings together previously published and original work by Gardner and his colleagues at Project Zero to provide a coherent picture of what we have learned about the educational applications of MI theory from projects in schools and formal research over the last decade.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:44 -0400)

Howard Gardner's brilliant conception of individual competence is changing the face of education today. In the ten years since the publication of his seminal Frames of Mind, thousands of educators, parents, and researchers have explored the practical implications of Multiple Intelligences (MI) theory -- the powerful notion that there are separate human capacities, ranging from musical intelligence to the intelligence involved in understanding oneself. Multiple Intelligences: The Theory in Practice brings together previously published and original work by Gardner and his colleagues at Project Zero to provide a coherent picture of what we have learned about the educational applications of MI theory from projects in schools and formal research over the last decade. -- Back cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,502,706 books! | Top bar: Always visible