Pecked to Death by Ducks by Tim Cahill

Pecked to Death by Ducks (1993)

by Tim Cahill

In fairness, I only read a few stories in this book. It's a collection of short stories from all over the world, the author present in all of them. The stories are fine but I can't seem to get into it. Perhaps I'm simply in novel mode right now. The stories are adventures, for the most part.

The broad categories in the book, per the contents page, are: The Unnatural World, Tooth and claw, The Natural World, Other People's Lives, Risk. I'm ready to move on to a novel and am passing this book along to a relative. I believe some of you would enjoy this more than I am at present, and that I might enjoy it more at another time. ( )
  Rascalstar | Jan 21, 2017 |
During the occupation of Kuwait, Iraqi soldiers often defecated in the finest rooms of the finest houses they could find.

In his latest tour of the earth's remote, exotic, and dismal places, the author of Road Fever and A Wolverine Is Eating My Leg sleeps with a grizzly bear, witnesses demonic possession in Bali, and survives a run-in with something called the Throne of Doom in Guatemala. Vivid and outrageously funny.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:42 -0400)

The author sleeps with a grizzly bear, witnesses demonic possession in Bali, and survives a run-in with something called the Throne of Doom in Guatemala. Vivid and outrageously funny.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,511,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible