The Marketplace by Laura Antoniou

The Marketplace (1993)

by Laura Antoniou

Listened to audio narrated well by Elizabeth Jasicki. The quirk in narration was that it was all done with English accents even though story was set in the US. While I thought that odd, I still loved the narration.

Heavy BDSM, This book tells several peoples stories as four different applicants as they are first considered to be trained as slaves, their training and their possible sales. Claudia is too perfect and her mistress brings her for retraining. Brian is the full of himself model leather boy, wanting to be a Marketplace slave. Robert is a big man that has been sissified and needs to be deprogrammed and properly trained. Sharon is beautiful and wants to be a pleasure slave, full of herself and her abilities who stole information to get access to the House. Not only do each of them have different backgrounds, stories and reasons for being there but the two trainers and Chris the majordomo have interesting background as well, even if the author only hints and teases with it. If you like HEAVY BDSM, with excellent storytelling this book is fabulous.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Filled with typos and bad grammar, I ended up liking it anyway. ( )
  killerX | Jan 8, 2016 |
Did not finish at 20% into the novel. The story failed to grip me. I find myself not interested in any of the characters, let alone what happens to them next. The training seems formalistic and its purpose escapes me.
  Bluerabella | Sep 5, 2014 |
Mixed

Outside of being condescending and arrogant in regards to the rest of the BDSM and leather community, I found the first installment of this series to be rough, fun, and in some places, relatable. ( )
  Rachelle_Ockert | May 9, 2014 |
DNF

I just couldn't get into this story. The characters are all a pain in the ass. I wanted to see them all go to hell. I went about halfway through before I called it quits. There are just too many other books out there that I'm dying to read to waste more time on this. I even stopped and read my "must read" books and then tried to come back. Still couldn't get into the story. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
For Adam & Gillian
and
Ann & John

who bring reality & fantasy to my life.
Merchandise does not come easily to the Marketplace. It never has.

The first volume in the landmark Marketplace trilogy, the series that set the standard for contemporary SM erotica. The Marketplace offers a thrilling tour of the world's most discriminating sexual playground. After Sharon, Brian, Claudia, and Robert are accepted for training by Marketplace representatives, they struggle to overcome their shortcomings: pride, selfishness, immaturity, perfectionism, effeminacy. Which candidate will survive the training meted out by the rigorous and unrelenting Chris Parker? And who will uncover the truth of their own deep need to submit?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,693,022 books! | Top bar: Always visible