The Relevant Church: A New Vision For…

The Relevant Church: A New Vision For Communities Of Faith

by Mike Howerton

"The Relevant Church" shares individual ideas and stories of churches that are engaging twentysomethings with passionate worship and a life-changing message, all while they impact their communities and change their world.

I am not REALLY impressed with this day-long 15-minute here, 15-minute there read that I finished this afternoon.

The book is “edited” or “compiled” by Jennifer Ashley - and it features some great insight that I would’ve been disappointed if I had paid more that $10 for. These 15 “essays” are from 15 different RELEVANT pastors from across the world - they each wrote an essay, apparently answering the question, “How is your church RELEVANT”.

Some of them did a great job at explaining their ministries, how they’ve evolved, what they’re doing. Others just wrote a bunch of self-induced theology that I didn’t really want to read.

I’m disappointed in RELEVANT for marketting such things as BOOKS instead of great website articles.

Quit charging me $10 for something I’d rather read on your website under the same title!

I’m done. ( )
  navets | Dec 9, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,928,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible