Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Sunlight

by Seth King

116,170,188 (5)None
Recently added bykarenhulseman

There are times when a story touches you in all the unexpected yet right places. I read that two of most favorite book people, Kindle Alexander and Eva LeNoir, said they loved it, you just one-click that story no questions asked. What I expected was a quiet evening read but what I got was something to think about a little harder than most.

Although this is the story of unrequited (not sure if that's the word I want but we'll go there) love between Harry and Fred, you can take any couple suffering hardships of prejudice and substitute in. Whether it is sexual identity, ethnicity or eye color, these two didn't want the 'risk' of being together. They held onto their friendship as best they thought possible. Mr King weaves his words masterfully so that the reader not only understands but feels the pull that he can't answer. Although it wasn't the ending I wanted, it was the best possible ending to have.

If you are looking for something that is about love and the possible impossibility of it, this is a brillant short read you are looking for. 5 heartfelt stars

karenhulseman | Dec 3, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,464,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible