The Dirty South by John Connolly

The Dirty South (original 2020; edition 2020)

by John Connolly (Author)

Series: Charlie Parker (18)

"John Connolly returns with a prequel that goes back to the very beginning of Private Investigator Charlie Parker's astonishing career with his first terrifying case"--
Member:pdej
Title:The Dirty South
Authors:John Connolly (Author)
Info:Hodder & Stoughton (2020), 480 pages
Tags:fiction, read

The Dirty South by John Connolly (2020)

This is my first time reading a Charlie Parker story and I am hooked. Charlie is grieving for his murdered wife and daughter. He resigned from his job as a NYPD and is searching for their murderer based on information he is receiving about similar murders. This information has led him South to a county in Arkansas. There is much poverty but the county is hoping that a new company that may be locating there will turn it around. However, this will not happen if women continue to be murdered there.
When Charlie arrives in town, he is arrested but then agrees to assist local law enforcement in solving the murders.
Characters were well developed. It is a novel that you do not want to put down.
I received this book as an ARC from goodreads giveaway. ( )
  peggy416 | May 10, 2020 |
The Dirty South is a prequel to the Charley Parker series, but since I never read of the other stories, this didn’t matter to me. The premise is that soon after the murders of his wife and daughter, he is traveling in search of his family’s murderer when he stops in the small town of Cahill, Arkansas. In this town there were two murders of three young black women that he begins to investigate thinking it may have to do with is family’s murder. Soon he is involved in what seems to be some sort of cover-up. At first, it really grabbed my attention and was an enjoyable read, it just seem to go on too long to keep my interest high. Not a bad story and I would read another in this series of books. ( )
  grumpydan | Apr 30, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Vengeance and retribution require a long time; it is the rule.

Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
For Carolyn Mays
The tide rolled in, erasing the first of the footprints in the sand, like the memory of a presence gradually being excised from the history of the beach. The marks were small, as of those left by a child, except no child had walked there, or none that Parker had noticed; yet when he looked up from his book, the evidence was before him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,683,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible