Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Patricia Briggs

Info:Ace (2006), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, Cover maybe done
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fic, SF, !dunno

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (2006)

coyote (25) dark fantasy (25) ebook (37) fae (67) faerie (20) fantasy (447) fiction (239) horror (26) magic (44) Mercy Thompson (173) mercy thompson series (43) mystery (39) own (28) paperback (27) paranormal (210) paranormal romance (70) patricia briggs (36) read (68) romance (75) science fiction (20) series (73) sff (28) shapeshifters (198) supernatural (60) to-read (90) urban (29) urban fantasy (443) vampires (309) werewolves (475) witches (25)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (mak_mohn)
    Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (Kerian)
    Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (SunnySD)
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Great urban fantasy series, first person narrated by shapeshifting female protagonists.
    Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (asterravos)
    Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (leahsimone)
    Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (leahsimone, shadiphoenix)
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Larkken)
    Larkken: Strong female protagonist becomes involved with werewolves. The werewolf packs are organized differently, but the two series deal similarly with issues of independence and also draw in other supernatural beings.
    Stray by Rachel Vincent (OmaRoses)
    OmaRoses: Both stories are hot and action packed with a young shifter heroine who is rare and thus very coveted and smothered within her pack/pride. She must battle her family to earn her independence, and fight her heart and instincts to avoid being “owned” by HOT men whom drive them crazy with lust and desire. (Stray is a bit more sensual)… (more)
    Heart of Stone by C. E. Murphy (Kassilem)
    Tinker by Wen Spencer (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Urban fantasy and gritty mechanics
    The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint (catfantastic)
    Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley (deep220)
    Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint (MyriadBooks)
    Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar (GirlMisanthrope)
    Silver Kiss by Naomi Clark (Anonymous user)
    The Price of the Stars by Debra Doyle (mak_mohn)

English (204)  Portuguese (1)  French (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (207)
I was frankly surprised that the characters were so engaging. Briggs steps away from the mold and allows her beings to have real character and personal problems, hobbies and quirks. A vampire restoring an old VW bus? That's great! I'll be reading more of the books to visit with the gremlin, Zee and the werewolf, Warren and his boyfriend Kyle. ( )
1 vote 2wonderY | Apr 9, 2014 |
  warangel820 | Apr 2, 2014 |
Fun book. The idea of a coyote shifter as the main character was a good one. She isn't so much a shifter as a Walker. Intriguing idea that hasn't been done and over done. My favorite part is that her symbol of her Christian faith is not a cross or crucifix but a lamb. They made fun of it but as we all know a symbol of faith is personal and if you believe then it can be stronger than the evil turned toward you.

recommend you get a bunch of this series because you will want to keep reading after the first. ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
Mercy Thompson is an foreign auto mechanic, a true friend and also a skinwalker. In this, the first book of the Mercy Thompson series we are introduced to Mercy and her friends and enemies as she helps stop a werewolf uprising and fix cars.
To me when I read books of this type I look to and judge them by the books written by Kelley Armstrong in her otherworld series and I am happy to say this these books belong next to hers in someone's library. ( )
  Richhayes | Feb 18, 2014 |
I have decided that 2014 is going to be the year where I branch out and try genres that I haven't read much before. I haven't read any urban fantasy books, at least that I can remember off the top of my head, and had heard good things about this book and series so I decided that this would be a good urban fantasy book to start off with.

Being so new to UF I was a little confused at first with some things mentioned about fae and werewolves. I think that was more on me than the book, but the more I read the book the clearer things became for me. I never thought I would be interested in a book about werewolves but boy did I become hooked in this book. I really loved all the action with the werewolves. I was a little too into it as I would start yelling and then would get stared at as though I was insane. I'm not insane, this book is insanely good.

I really liked following Mercy from the beginning. I like that she is a strong female character. She has such an interesting past and I loved reading about it. I am curious to see where her relationships with Adam and Samuel go. I was really glad that this quasi love triangle didn't take over the plot line.

I am really looking forward to reading more of this series (I am on the waiting list for the next one) and other books by Patricia Briggs. I would recommend this book even if this genre isn't your favorite. ( )
  dpappas | Feb 15, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for
Kaye’s mom, Almeda Brown Christensen, who likes my books; Alice and Bill Rieckman who like horses as much as I do; and in memory of Floyd “Buck” Buckner, a good man.
I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first.

Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbour is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself...and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013813, Mass Market Paperback)

Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal. Her next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. But then, Mercy isn't exactly normal herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:18 -0400)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,467,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible