Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Patricia Briggs

5,327246825 (4.15)1 / 345
Title:Moon Called
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2006), Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, ebooks, Working on
Tags:Fic, SF, !dunno, !Poached, _import151118, __scan_cover

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (2006)

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (Kerian)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (mak_mohn)
    Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (SunnySD)
    Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega, Book 1) by Patricia Briggs (leahsimone)
    Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (asterravos)
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Great urban fantasy series, first person narrated by shapeshifting female protagonists.
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (leahsimone, shadiphoenix)
    Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Larkken)
    Larkken: Strong female protagonist becomes involved with werewolves. The werewolf packs are organized differently, but the two series deal similarly with issues of independence and also draw in other supernatural beings.
    Stray by Rachel Vincent (OmaRoses)
    OmaRoses: Both stories are hot and action packed with a young shifter heroine who is rare and thus very coveted and smothered within her pack/pride. She must battle her family to earn her independence, and fight her heart and instincts to avoid being “owned” by HOT men whom drive them crazy with lust and desire. (Stray is a bit more sensual)… (more)
    Heart of Stone by C. E. Murphy (Kassilem)
    Tinker by Wen Spencer (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Urban fantasy and gritty mechanics
    The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint (catfantastic)
    Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley (deep220)
    Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint (MyriadBooks)
    Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar (GirlMisanthrope)
    Silver Kiss by Naomi Clark (Anonymous user)
    The Price of the Stars by Debra Doyle (mak_mohn)

English (241)  Portuguese (1)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (246)
This is one of those books that is actually better on the re-read. I'm finding myself a lot more excited about the characters and into the story the second time around. ( )
  ItEntertainsMe | Oct 4, 2016 |
Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a coyote-shapeshifter mechanic living in the Tri-Cities in Washington state. When a young werewolf shows up looking for work, she accepts and gets thrust into a world she thought she'd left behind. But when her next door neighbor Adam is the local Alpha, and she's on speaking terms with Fae and vampires, a quiet life is the last thing Mercy will ever have.

The first book in the Mercy Thompson series gives a lot of set up and not a lot of plot. I felt like a lot of Mercy's time was spent running with one group and then the other to get major players and factions in place, but the fact that my reading/listening was spread out over several days may have made it feel more drawn out that it truly was. But the story was fun and getting to know a little about Mercy and her past and hints that she's more than she seems were intriguing, and I'll probably continue reading the series. ( )
  bell7 | Sep 10, 2016 |
I wanted to read Moon called because of them branching out into the adult General little bit and this is one of the things that came up on the list of books to try if you like Richelle Mead and I very much enjoyed her adult fantasy books so we can give it a couple of them a try.

Mercy is the main character and I liked her a lot she's different from a lot of women that I read about she is a mechanic and she's strong and she's a shapeshifter and what she shifts into is a coyote which is also something that I haven't read about. She's strong and sassy and snarky but she also has a big heart. She comes across a new werewolf who asked her for work and she ends up being a big Ally for him and help him out.

It was a nice blend of the Paranormal there were werewolves and vampires and of course Walker's which is what they called her seat and her shape-shifting.

There were hints of the romance developing, but for a while it kept me guessing because Mercy deals with a lot of the paranormal beings, and she has a history with some as well. But I liked the eventual pick, and direction it was going.

I will continue with the series, because I liked the characters, and plot and how this one wrapped up.

Bottom Line: Fast, entertaining with good characters. ( )
1 vote brandileigh2003 | Aug 8, 2016 |
Great book. I already read two of this authors other books and had a general idea of the series' premise from my friend's description and this book did not disappoint. I can't wait to read the rest and learn more about these characters :) ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
First book in my favorite paranormal romance series. I read this years ago, but am working my way through the series again this summer. I'd forgotten how many characters, and how much world building, was done from the start. Still greatly enjoyable, with just enough romance for my taste, along with plenty of action and mystery, and characters that are compelling. The cover makes this book look far cheesier than it actually is, which is why I always read the kindle versions of these books. ( )
  duchessjlh | Jun 15, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for
Kaye’s mom, Almeda Brown Christensen, who likes my books; Alice and Bill Rieckman who like horses as much as I do; and in memory of Floyd “Buck” Buckner, a good man.
I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first.

Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbour is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself...and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013813, Mass Market Paperback)

Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal. Her next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. But then, Mercy isn't exactly normal herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:10 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,686,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible