The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado

The Crippled Lamb (original 1994; edition 2011)

by Max Lucado

Title:The Crippled Lamb
Authors:Max Lucado
Info:Thomas Nelson (2011), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 32 pages

The crippled lamb by Max Lucado (1994)

Max Lucado’s work never ceases to impress me. The Crippled Lamb is a wonderful children’s book for three reasons in particular. First and foremost, the language in this book is very descriptive. This description is not overwhelming, but rather it helps clarify the text for readers and allows the reader to imagine what is happening. For example, when describing the main character’s, a sheep named Josh, best friend, a cow named Abigail, he said “She was brown with white blotches that looked like rain puddles on a path.” This helps children to truly visualize the cow without so much as looking at the illustrations. Which brings me to the next thing I liked about the book, illustrations. The illustrations are simple, however they really bring the text to life. Throughout the book as you look at the faces and even the layout of the illustrations you can see the feelings being experienced and the emotion in the characters faces. The final reason I loved this book was the message. Being about a sheep who both looks different than all the others, and is also crippled makes it relatable for students who feel out of place or have disabilities. In the beginning of the story, Josh is teased for being different and unable to go places with the other sheep. However, at the end of the story he realizes that he was born for a reason and is fine the way he is. This story line is encouraging for students and rather uplifting. ( )
  agates5 | Mar 2, 2015 |
The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado Illustrator Liz Bonham Publisher Tommy Nelson 16 Pages about a small lamb who has a bum led and who cannot play with the rest of the sheep. It befriends a cow who takes care of it. When the other sheep get herded off by their shepherd the lamb and the cow have to stay behind in the bar. This is where they witness the birth of Jesus. I loved this book to show everything happens for a reason and even though you may not think you are getting the best deal it may turn out better than you thought because god always has a plan.
  joey_spencer | May 14, 2014 |
Author Max Lucado
Title Thr Crippled Lamb
Illustrator Liz Bonham
Publisher Tommy Nelson
Pages 16

Summary of main plot: There was this little lamb named Joshua who couldn't run and jump like the other lambs could. Josh was born with only one leg when he was born. Joshua had a best friend named Abigail. The other lambs made fun of him and told him he was to slow to make it to the next valley. Joshua saw a Shepard standing in front of him. Joshua stayed in the stable for the night. A noise he heard in the stable. What was it? Baby Jesus Gods son was born. Josh the lamb new this was a special moment.

Tags or subject headings would be loving and nurturing

My response: I really liked this book I really liked looking at the pictures the illustrations were so well drawn. This book just makes me think and remind me that is okay to be different. And sometimes we get to experience opportunities that others wont. ( )
  Mihalevich | Apr 14, 2014 |
A lamb, who has always felt different and sad because of his black spots and his limp, feels his true worth when he is called upon to help keep the baby Jesus warm. The coauthors are Jenna, Andrea, and Sara Lucado.
  Vanessamom25 | Jan 17, 2014 |
This inspiring book is about a little lamb who was born crippled, and different compared to the other lambs. He also didn't have a mother and a father. Throughout the story he is left out, lonely, and sad, but his best friend who is an old cow continues to remind him that there is always a special place for the different and unique ones. His special place was to warm and welcome the new king, named Jesus, while the other lambs and sheep were in a new meadow. He realized that his friend was right. This is a beautiful book with a strong message, but it is a little religious, so I am not sure if this could be used in all classrooms. ( )
  Backus2 | Sep 9, 2013 |
To our special friends - Kelly, Kasey and Kara Wilson
Once upon a time in a sunny valley, there lived a little lamb names Joshua.

Because Joshua the Lamb was different, he often felt left out-like on the wintry night when he was left behind in a Bethlehem stable. This touching tale helps kids see that even if they're different, God has a unique plan for their lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:42 -0400)

A lamb who has always felt different and sad because of his black spots and his limp, feels his true worth when he is called upon to help keep the baby Jesus warm.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,945,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible