Sweep with Me by Ilona Andrews

Sweep with Me (edition 2020)

by Ilona Andrews

Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:Sweep with Me
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:NYLA
Collections:Working on, Temp working
Tags:!Amazon, Fic, SF, __make_cover, _import200202

Sweep with Me by Ilona Andrews

Series Info/Source: This is the fifth book/novella in the Innkeeper Chronicles. I purchased this for Kindle

Story (5/5): This is hands down my favorite series that the Andrews write. This story was in keeping with the rest of the series, which is to say that it is AMAZING! The story is back in Gertrude Hunt as Dina and Sean work together to host a variety of difficult aliens on Gertrude Hunt’s premises.

Characters (5/5): I love the characters in this series and continue to love new ones that are introduced. The lovable, intriguing and engaging characters are definitely a high point of this series.

Setting (5/5): I absolutely adore Gertrude Hunt and enjoy any story set within her premises. The extended worlds built outside of Earth are always fascinating and so well done in this series.

Writing Style (5/5): This was incredibly well written and easy to read. The story is full of creative ideas, humor, action, and amazing new aliens. This is just a perfect blend of elements that makes for a highly entertaining read!

Summary (5/5): Overall I loved this addition to the Innkeeper Chronicles, I love this series even more than the Kate Daniels series and hope Andrews decides to continue on with it for a long, long time. I would recommend reading previous books in the series before this one. I would recommend this series to people who enjoy urban fantasy with a sci-fi bent to it and a lot of humor. ( )
  krau0098 | Feb 12, 2020 |
"Dina, we're going to host sixty-one space chickens."

I gave up. "Yes."

"And they're going to argue philosophy."

Sweep with Me is a novella in the Inkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews. It has been about two weeks since the Gertrude Hunt was beseiged while protecting an endangered alien race and Dina has been slowly recovering from the incident. It's time for the special Innkeeper holiday, Treaty Stay, which celebrates the original treaty that united the very first Inns on Earth and established rules that protect them and their intergalactic guests. For the duration of the holiday it is the tradition that Innkeepers must open their doors to anyone who wants to stay at their inns. Anyone.

Only Ilona Andrews could write a story that features a flock of philosophical space chickens! And Orro on a quest to recreate horrible fast food! And ninjas! Needless to say, this was pure fun. I was only disappointed that it was so short that I was ultimately left wanting so much more of Dina, Sean, the Inn and its guests. Here's hoping the wait for the next full book isn't too long. ( )
  Narilka | Jan 25, 2020 |
A novella set after Sweep of the Blade. Dina is about to celebrate Treaty Stay, where innkeepers are obliged to accept guests. The inn is picked by a Drífan (extremely powerful magic users) to meet a relative on neutral ground. Also staying are 2 flocks of Koo-ko (flightless chickens with a taste for combat philosophy - or philosophical combat) and a Medamoth (a large warrior race) on pilgrimage. This is along with the usual inhabitants - Dina herself, her partner, Sean (the werewolf), the temperamental Quillonian chef and everyone's favourite grandmotherex-galactic tyrant, Caldenia. On top of this, the Innkeeper Assembly have summoned Dina about earlier events when the inn was besieged.

This has all the earmarks of a recipe for disaster...

Great fun, and recommended.
  Maddz | Jan 22, 2020 |
Some moments in life you remember forever.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,383,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible