The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo

The Cute Book

by Aranzi Aronzo

4Q 5P

The Cute Book is the essential introductory guide to creating felt mascots. Included are a series of projects that detail step-by-step instructions for making more than fifteen separate mascots. Also included are instructions for the required sewing and embroidery techniques, as well as inspiration ideas for other projects.

This book is ideal for both the recreational crafter as well as the person who wants to craft presents for younger siblings. ( )
  NigeltheKid | May 23, 2014 |
After making more than half of the felties in Nelly Pailloux's Felties I started poking around for other similar books. I located this one, took a look at it at and purchased it. By now I had the basics down so was just looking for some new patterns.

I noticed a few strange and not very cute patterns (to me) but bought it anyways for some of the cute ones. The ones I thought were strange were things such as "Kidnapper", "Bad Guy", and "Liar", I think they are just the sense of humor of the creators and I don't really share that same sense of humor, I'm all about the cute not so much the weird. But no matter, the book had things such as "Striped Cat", "Frog", "White Sheep" and others to catch my fancy.

So far I've only made 5 from the 19 patterns ("Panda", "Monkey", "White Sheep", "Striped Cat", and "Frog"). A lot of the patterns are very similar with the bodies being exactly the same (arms, legs, and a dress) and only the heads being different. Eventually I think I will get to some of the others but they are so similar I haven't really felt the need to make them yet.

Compared to Felties, The Cute Book's directions are a little briefer but unlike Felties it has a whole section in the back about what you could do with the felties (or felt mascots as they are referred to in the book). Ideas include keychains, hair accessory, applique etc. Aranzi Aronzo also has several other books that branch off from this one that look to involve using a sewing machine so I've passed on those.

Overall another fun feltie book after almost exhausting Felties. Would definitely suggest Felties over this title though. ( )
  mint910 | Dec 13, 2009 |
Cute indeed!!! I am hoping to spend some of my free summer time doing a few projects from this book along with my daughters. This is a fun book! I would also add that all the projects are not dripping with honey, sweet. There are some critters in here, like the Alien, Liar, and Bad Guy, that would appeal to even the baddest of bad boys (while still maintaining a firm G-rating.) ( )
  BlueMoonArtistry | May 28, 2009 |

Provides instructions for making different kinds of felt dolls, including monkeys, frogs, and aliens.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,348,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible