It Sleeps in Me by Kathleen O'Neal Gear

I wanted so much to like this book.The novel had so much going for it historical accuracy,mystery and strong female protagonist but unfortunately the narrative was lacking in flow.Ultimately it was bogged down in details and was overly repetitive.I finished the book feeling very confused as to what I was supposed to feel.Shocked,betrayed,scared?In the end I was just apathetic.I doubt I'll bother reading the sequel since I didn't care for this book at all. ( )
  SunnyReader71 | Feb 21, 2011 |
From the description I thought this was simply going to be a romance novel with a prehistoric setting. I was a little hesitant, as this is not the kind of book I'd normally pick up and read, but since it was my New Book For a New Year, I dived in. Boy, was I wrong. Although this book is an highly charged erotic romance, it is also a mystery, and a fascinating peek into the culture of the Lake Jackson natives. The author did an awesome job with her research, and whatever elements she invented fit believably into the narrative. I was quite impressed, and will make an effort to get my hands on the other two books in the trilogy to find out what happens to Sora and Flint next. ( )
  sarradee | Jan 11, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765350254, Mass Market Paperback)

Sora is the wise, young High Chieftess of the Black Falcon Nation. For many winters her heart belonged to her husband, Flint, a warrior from a neighboring clan. Flint truly loved Sora, but jealousy drove him to beat men to death for merely casting a longing glance at his wife. Unable to live with his murderous rage, Flint moved back to his mother's clan, divorcing Sora and leaving her forever.
Remarried and fully devoted to her duties as the High Chieftess, Sora tries to bury her memories of Flint. Then, on the eve of war with a neighboring nation, she is visited by Skinner, an old friend of Flint. Skinner tells her of Flint's death, but Sora feels that he carries part of Flint's soul inside him. When Skinner reveals secrets that only Flint would know, and rouses her passion in ways only Flint had, Sora must figure out if this is the clever witchcraft of enemies who want to seize her power and destroy her nation, or the spirit of her one and only true love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:37 -0400)

Sora is the wise, young High Chieftess of the Black Falcon Nation. For many winters her heart belonged to her husband, Flint, a warrior from a neighboring clan. Flint truly loved Sora, and together they explored the world of passion and love. But Flint was very jealous and on more than one occasion beat men to death for merely casting a longing glance at Sora. Unable to live with his murderous rage, Flint packed up his things and moved back to his mother's clan, divorcing Sora and leaving her forever. Remarried and fully devoted to her duties as the High Chieftess, Sora tries to bury her memories of Flint. But she is forcibly reminded of her lost love when, on the eve of war with a neighboring nation, when she is visited by Skinner, an old friend of Flint's. He brings word of Flint's death, but Sora notices something strange about Skinner; it is as if he carries a part of Flint's soul inside of him. When he starts revealing secrets that only Flint would know, and arousing her passion in ways only Flint had, Sora must figure out if this is merely the clever witchcraft of enemies who want to seize her power and destroy her nation or the spirit of her one and only true love.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,420,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible