The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou…

The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou

by Maya Angelou

As with all collections, my rating refers to my overall impression, an informal average. In this set of poems, I found several which I loved for the rhythym & rhyme, several others I loved for the content. Others I found stirred up my feelings, which I admire and are powerful but disturbing. Only a few left me uninterested.

I would strongly recommend this poetry, especially to women. Angelou has a strong feminist voice as well as a voice for African-Americans. She captures the anger as well as the pride, the hope and the despair ( )
  leslie.98 | Nov 15, 2013 |
A fantastic collection. Feel free to check out my review at: http://laurareviews.blogspot.com/2009... ( )
  LauraCococcia | Apr 5, 2009 |
Easy to read, poems that can relate ( )
  Zohrab | Mar 11, 2008 |
I really liked this collection of her poetry. Although, I was not a fan of all of it but still, the majority I enjoyed. It's easy to read and find her poems within the book. ( )
  Angelic55blonde | Jun 30, 2007 |
My copy is well-worn. ( )
  eslee | Apr 16, 2006 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 067942895X, Hardcover)

Brought together for the first time here are all of Maya Angelou's published poems -- including "On the Pulse of Morning," her inaugural poem -- in a handsome hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:26 -0400)

For the first time, the complete collection of Maya Angelou's published poems-including "On the Pulse of Morning"-in a permanent collectible, handsome hardcover edition.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,032,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible