Christian Caregiving: A Way of Life by…

Christian Caregiving: A Way of Life

by Kenneth C. Haugk

619223,913 (4.1)1

This book wasn't exactly what I expected. I guess, based on the cover, I expected it to be more about hospital ministry or in patient ministry--and it does cover that, but it also talks about how anyone who is caring for anyone else can combine their Christian faith with their care-giving to the other person. It honestly discusses some pitfalls that can close the communication down and presents some alternative ways to approach the same issue. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
Caregiving Guide

The world needs people who care. This book is a practical manual for anyone who has ever felt uncomfortable comforting a friend or acquaintance.

Kenneth Haugk has written this book to address the real-life issues people confront when caring for others. Many find it easier to discuss sex than to discuss issues of their faith and religion. Even if we are comfortable sharing these matters, those with whom we deal may not be.

This practical, well-written book takes the reader beyond theories about the integration of psychology and theology. It strengthens and re-enforces your call to care for those about who you care. ( )
  PointedPundit | Mar 26, 2008 |
Please distinguish between Dr. Haugk's original 1984 work, Christian Caregiving: A Way of Life, and the Leader's Guide of the same name. Thank you.

Do you ever feel uncomfortable talking about your faith, praying with others, or trying to comfort a friend? This volume will challenge and equip you to care for others in a distinctively Christian way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:22 -0400)

This complete leader's guide makes it easy to use Dr. Haugk's practical book to build community and train church members in distinctively Christian caring and relating skills.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,364,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible