Broca's Brain: Reflections on the Romance of…

Broca's Brain: Reflections on the Romance of Science (1979)

by Carl Sagan

Rated: C ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 29, 2013 |
This is a brilliant, philosophically sophisticated collection of essays by the greatest popularizer of science. ( )
  wanack | Oct 2, 2010 |
This is a collection of essays, all somehow related to science. I read it over the course of several months - not because it wasn't interesting, but because sometimes I just wasn't in the mood for it. The articles on skepticism and the history of science were fascinating, but the later descriptions of the "current" situation in astronomy and planetary science was more than a touch dated. (It was written in the 1970s.) All the same, it was still Sagan, and I do so enjoy reading Sagan. I look forward to his other works. ( )
1 vote melydia | Oct 28, 2009 |
A love letter to the wonders of scientific exploration (else it would not be Carl Sagan!), and at the same time a serious and sympathetic look at pseudoscience and credulity, foreshadowing The Demon-Haunted World. A beautiful read, save for a long point-by-point refutation of another author's absurd work. It's there to make an important point, but it's a bit much.I sure do wish Sagan was still around. I'm sure he had many more books in him. ( )
  Qshio | Jul 26, 2009 |
Reflections on the Romance of Science..
A fascinating book on the joys of discovering how the world works, by the Pulitzer prize-winning author of Cosmos and Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.
  rajendran | Feb 9, 2008 |
To Rachel and Samuel Sagan, my parents, who introduced me to the joys of understanding the world, with gratitude and admiration and love
We live in an extraordinary age.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345336895, Mass Market Paperback)

Carl Sagan, writer and scientist, returns from the frontier to tell us about how the world works. In his delightfully down-to-earth style, he explores and explains a mind-boggling future of intelligent robots, extraterrestrial life and its consquences, and other provocative, fascinating quandries of the future that we want to see today.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:58:05 -0400)

Explorers various aspects of several fields of science and examines the role of the intellect in scientific achievement.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,821,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible