Legacy and Spellbound by Nancy Holder

Legacy and Spellbound

by Nancy Holder

Talk about authors who have absolutely no qualms about killing off characters. My respect to both of them, I haven't quite the stomach for it, at least not yet. The Wicked series started off to me as uninteresting, but Holly's sudden villainous streak coupled with the co-authors' devious and successful attempts to draw me in at the very end of the book caught me ordering this baby off Borders.com (many coupons attached, I am a college student after all).

Legacy outdid both Witch and Curse, as far as I'm concerned. The characters are becoming more complex, and I am enjoying watching both Amanda and Nicole's characters grow, while Holly falters and falls. It's a wonderful twist in a hero... having her fade to black instead of white. I am also enjoying observing Jeraud, a character whose intentions are always cloaked in mystery.

A few disappointments, as there are in any book. Holder and Viguie are constantly throwing Jer between life and death, as though they can't decide where he should be. It's frustrating for the reader, whoh can never be quite sure if the character is alive or dead. Another problem: while I respect the authors' ability to kill off the good characters, for a change of pace, I'd love to see a couple of villains die.

Of course, there is Spellbound for that, and the duology is sitting on my bedside table, just itching to be read. ( )
  Morteana | Feb 4, 2016 |
I found this book better than the first one and it actually kept my interest. ( )
  askum | Jun 26, 2013 |
I really enjoyed these to books. Although I found that Legacy kind of dragged on in the beginning, a bit repetitive for the first few pages.

Much better then the first book, I can't wait for the next book in the series, which is coming out July 2009.
  Frozeninside | Jan 9, 2010 |
Legacy by Nancy Holder - overall a descent story line. I enjoyed the action, however in some places it seemed to drag out a little longer than I like. The story of the covens uniting is interesting and the Deveraus/Cahors fued is still on.

Spellbound by Nancy Holder - Okay now this one the story line got even better and didn't seem to drag out as much as the previous book. There were some twists and turns I didn't see coming which made for some interesting reading. Looking forward to getting a copy of the next installment. ( )
  MonicaLynn | Mar 15, 2009 |
This is an amazing series about witches and warlocks and all types of magic and romance. It's set in Seattle, which is a very rainy, very magic city. I loved these books, and i couldn't believe it when they ended so abruptly, and they stopped writing them a while ago so i don't think they're going to continue. ( )
  midnighttwilight101 | Mar 13, 2009 |

Holy Cathers is not the same person she was almost a year and a half ago. After discovering her connection to an ancient legacy of witches, Holly has accepted her destiny as a descendant of the House of Cahors. She is determined to end an intergenerational feud that has plagued her family for centuries. Holly will have to overcome unworldly obstacles as she battles to protect her loved ones including Jer, a member of the rival House of Deveraux and her one true love. A war of magical proportions is being waged, and Holly is at the center of it all. Lives will be lost, and sacrifices will have to be made...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:59 -0400)

Legacy: Allying themselves with the forces of light to end their evil family history for good, Holly and her cousins, Amanda and Nicole, work to save Jer, Holly's soulmate, from prison, under the mounting pressures from his father's cruelty. Spellbound: Holly Cathers, whose coven of Light is in shambles, finds herself enslaved by her enemy, Michael Deveraux, leaving Jer to attempt the rescue of his soul mate.… (more)

Nancy Holder is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,865,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible