If . . .: 25th Anniversary Edition

by Sarah Perry

323,217,861 (4)None
Illustrations present such imaginative possibilities as worms with wheels, caterpillar toothpaste, and whales in outer space.
Recently added byjdiasio, g33kgrrl, jfe16

I am first reviewing this for myself. I find some of these pictures interesting and some super unsettling and terrifying (What if toes were teeth??? No thank you!) But as a mother, I think my 3-year-old would probably find it interesting, and probably as she gets older she'd only be more interested in making up more "What ifs." But I don't know if I could deal with seeing the horrorshow of toes for teeth long enough to let her really enjoy it until she's old enough to read it on her own.

I received a free electronic ARC via Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  g33kgrrl | Feb 8, 2020 |
Review of eBook

Imagination takes flight in the pages of this stunning book. Over a two-page spread, twenty-two different “what if” fantastical suppositions are matched with a full-page illustration. What if: cats could fly . . . dogs were mountains . . . music could be held . . . whales lived in outer space . . . the moon were square?

But the colorful watercolor illustrations reveal even more. What can you discover? And what is your own “What if” idea?

Although intended for young readers ages four through seven, this magical picture book, a twenty-fifth anniversary edition of the original publication, is sure to delight readers of all ages. Two new “what ifs” have been added for this edition: What if turtles were magnetic . . . and What if dreams were visible . . . . And don’t miss the surprises awaiting you in the Readers Guide to the Secrets of “If . . .”

Take an imaginative journey of endless possibilities and see where this book takes you.

Highly recommended.

I received a free copy of this eBook from Getty Publications and NetGalley
#If #NetGalley ( )
  jfe16 | Jan 25, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,817,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible