The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An…

The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New… (edition 2009)

by Sy Montgomery, Nic Bishop (Photographer)

Member:skane86
Title:The Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New Guinea (Scientists in the Field Series)
Authors:Sy Montgomery
Other authors:Nic Bishop (Photographer)
Info:Sandpiper (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 80 pages
Tags:picture books, educational, nonfiction

Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New Guinea by Sy Montgomery

I would use this book to teach students about different habitats. I would encourage them after reading the book aloud to creat a habitat that they would like to live in. I would also use this to introduce conservation and ways they can help the environment. I'd encourage them to get involved.
  kroby01 | Mar 14, 2017 |
I would use this book in second or third grade as part of the class's science lesson on habitats. I would include this book and a few others at a station for Tropical Rainforests, as well as books at other stations for Polar Regions, Grasslands, etc. The students would be given a sort of seek and find activity that they would do in groups and would have to move from station to station to get the answers from the texts. I could also use this book in fourth or fifth grade in a lesson about conservation. I would let the students read books like these individually and allow them to create a presentation, in any form they choose, that would help the class learn and become involved in conservation and global warming awareness around the world. A follow up activity apart from the presentations would include a class project on conservation in our own community.
  Courtney_Kelley | Mar 7, 2017 |
The author and photographer join Lisa Dabek, a scientist studying tree kangaroos, and a crew of veterinarians, trackers, and other researchers on an arduous expedition up to Papua New Guinea's cloud forest. There they track and tag several of the elusive tree kangaroos for further study. The discomforts of wet clothes, muddy ground and generally less-than-four-star accommodations are worth it for the group to be in a forest teeming with beauty and wildlife and to work towards the conservation of nature.
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
Great narrative nonfiction about team that goes into the cloud forest to find and tag the rare tree kangaroo. Offers many resources and informational sources for kids and readers alike.
  Mollie21 | Dec 5, 2015 |
This book tells the story of Lisa Dabek who studies Matschie's tree kangaroos in Papua New Guinea's cloud forest. They are one of the rarest mammals, living only in New Guinea. She works with a team to learn more about this elusive and mysterious creature.
  AimeeV | Nov 19, 2015 |
For Joel Glick -S.M.
For our Papuan field assistants -N.B.
It feels like we've walked into a living fairy tale.

It looks like a bear, but isn’t one. It climbs trees as easily as a monkey— but isn’t a monkey, either. It has a belly pocket like a kangaroo, but what’s a kangaroo doing up a tree? Meet the amazing Matschie’s tree kangaroo, who makes its home in the ancient trees of Papua New Guinea’s cloud forest. And meet the amazing scientists who track these elusive animals.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:26 -0400)

Follow a group of explorers and scientists as they travel to Papua New Guinea to find a type of kangaroo that lives in trees.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,151,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible