Ultimate Alphabet by Mike Wilks

Ultimate Alphabet

by Mike Wilks

194260,720 (4.4)1 / 2

Found in a suitcase containing various items that belonged to my parents, given to my sister by our stepmother in July 2014. My mother died in 1984, my father in 1987. The suitcase has been in the attic since 2002 according to the newspapers the things were wrapped up in, and the book smells very musty. It seems vaguely familiar but I can't remember if I bought it for my dad or if he showed it to me. He has not made any annotations in the workbook.
  overthemoon | Jul 24, 2014 |
A contest ran years ago where reader's had to identify 7,777 objects depicted in this book of illustrated letters A to Z. Each letter has so many words depicted starting with each letter. A Workbook accompanied this book. Hours of fun, beautiful paintings, educational, eye candy! ( )
  syzygy18 | Aug 1, 2009 |
C is for Carol and so is this book

A strange book that I first owned as a child and then subsequently tracked down through a second hand bookshop. It consists of 26 alphabetical colour plates containing, in some cases, many hundreds of items (animal, vegetable and mineral) that start with that letter. The idea (and a competition on the book's release) is to identify as many items as possible and mark them off in the accompanying workbook. So for Z you would have to find a zebra, a zeppelin, a Zulu, the braille representation of Z etc. Fantastic for those with an interest in words, plenty of time on their hands and a slightly odd idea of how to have fun!

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,618,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible