The talented Clementine by Sara Pennypacker

The talented Clementine (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Sara Pennypacker

Member:906Emilyin907
Title:The talented Clementine
Authors:Sara Pennypacker
Info:New York : Hyperion Books for Children, c2007.
Tags:Zya

The Talented Clementine by Sara Pennypacker (2007)

Recently added bysriemann, CatB, private library, Mrs.DuBois, sarahlouise, CEELibrary, lps3, goldfuss, dperry, laur4

Charming girl without performing arts talent still comes in handy during the production of the talent show. ( )
  paakre | Apr 27, 2013 |
The Talented Clementineby Sara Pennypacker is the second in the series. The third and fourth graders will be performing a talent show and Clementine is at a complete loss. I can completely relate — while I have talents, none of them are geared towards live performance!

Clementine goes through all sorts of different ideas for the show. None of them really are appropriate for a talent show. Ultimately she settles on working back stage, but it's a job she falls into.

It was another cute book. I really felt horrible for Clementine as her teacher just couldn't believe she didn't know how to perform on stage. Been there myself in school. ( )
  pussreboots | Apr 3, 2013 |
This was a really cute little book about an 8-year-old girl who doesn't think she has any talents because most of her skills are not performance-based. Will she ever figure out what to do?

I love how supportive her parents are, even though Clementine gets into a LOT of mischief. It's not as though she's TRYING to make trouble... she just doesn't think things all the way through... ever.

This would be a really cute little book for young girls. ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
Haha, so charming! I laughed out loud more than once. Loved the illustrations too, especially the principal. :-) ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
I'd never read a Clementine book before. I found her refreshing. She reminds me of Ramona. She is not too modern or precocious, nor as obnoxious as Junie B. Jones. It would be a great book for second, third, or fourth grade girls.
  hcurrey | Feb 27, 2013 |
For Steven Malk and Donna Bray—

my talented agent and editor—

who knew before I did

—S.P.

To my big brother,

Mark Frazee,

who probably thinks

this dedication stuff

is stupid

—M.F.
I have noticed that teachers get exciting confused with boring a lot.

Eight-year-old Clementine, convinced that she has no talents, tries to find a way to avoid participating in the class talent show.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,468,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible