New Picture Book of Saints: Illustrated…

New Picture Book of Saints: Illustrated Lives of the Saints for Young and… (original 1962; edition 1988)

by Lawrence G. Lovasik

Member:StThomasAquinasCamas
Title:New Picture Book of Saints: Illustrated Lives of the Saints for Young and Old, Saint Joseph Edition
Authors:Lawrence G. Lovasik
Info:Catholic Book Publishing Company (1988), Hardcover, 124 pages
Tags:B SAINTS LOV, Barcode 2467, Child, Book

New Picture Book of Saints: Illustrated Lives of the Saints for Young and Old by Lawrence G. Lovasik (1962)

The copy I read was "The Saint Joseph Edition."

I received this book as a gift for my First Communion in 1989. I never picked it up to read cover-to-cover until Lent this year. The book gives a nice introduction to the lives of saints. It is a very brief introduction that I imagine is intended to get the reader wanting to know more. The book also includes a prayer a picture relating to each saint.

At this time, the book is starting to get a bit dated. Saint Christopher is included. I think that the Church no longer considers him to be a saint. The way the book talks about people who are not Christian and people who are from countries that are not in North America / Europe is not modern.

This book is still useful, but it would be great if a new updated edition was produced. I enjoyed it overall. ( )
  RKoletteL | Aug 22, 2013 |
Collection of Saints
  holyfamily | Mar 19, 2009 |

The book contains the lives of over 100 popular Saints, and each is made more memorable by a twofold portrayal in word and picture. The life of each Saint is carefully and simply written in an informal, pleasing style that will delight parents, teachers, and the children with whom they share these pages. The glorious, full-color illustrations are strikingly beautiful and marked by their fine detail.

Presents the stories several saints, including St. Agnes, St. Boniface, St. Christopher, and St. Helen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,538,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible