No title (2004)

Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

America the Beautiful by Katharine Lee Bates (2004)

Recently added byvharsh1, cstosch, Sarah_P, sturner123, private library, lar041, uump2, tashpointoh, elpoohbear

The picture book, “America the Beautiful”, is a wonderful take on the classic poetic song. The first reason why I liked this book was that at the beginning of the book, the book opened with the song and notes. This shows the reader the musical notes that correlate to the song and which keys are to be played at the specific time. The next reason why I enjoyed reading this book was because of the illustrations. The illustrations were absolutely beautiful. The illustrations are painted famous landmarks in America. The illustrator painted many places such as Mount Rushmore, Red Wood trees, and the Grand Canyon. My favorite illustration was the picture of a waterfall. The illustrator used fine detail, small dots, and an array of colors such as purple, green, pink, and white in order to make the waterfall look as realistic as possible. The main idea of this book was to display beautiful illustrated pictures to go along with the song, “America the Beautiful”. ( )
  vharsh1 | Dec 4, 2014 |
I wish I could give this book more than just 5 stars because this book was FANTASTIC! The illustrations were beautiful, all based off of real places in the U.S. I was singing the song "American the Beautiful" as I read the words on each page. At the end of the book, there were biographies of the woman who thought of the words to describe America, and the man who thought of the melody to go with it. Also at the back were lyrics to the song and a map of the U.S.A. The entire book contains a song, poem, history, and a map all about the U.S. ( )
  TeresaCruz | Oct 19, 2014 |
Genre: poetry
Audience: Pre k-5
This is a beautifully illustrated book that has verses from the poem with appropriate pictures from different parts of the U.S. It is a great read for all children and I will use this in my classroom to chorally sing this poem at the beginning of each day while I show pictures on ELMO. ( )
  ShantiR | Feb 27, 2014 |
This picture book wasn't a story with beginning, middle and end. It was meshed together into a poetic piece with a line from America the Beautiful on each page followed by a moving quote by former presidents and our current president. It is poetic - a very nice read.
  NancyDW | Jan 23, 2014 |
Each page shares the lyrics of the song American the Beautiful and how we in America came to be.
  rjames1071 | Oct 24, 2013 |
To my dear friends and classmates from Aurora West High, class of 1962.
You are the sould of the Heartland and the Spirit of America -W.M.
O beautiful for spacious skies,

The same country that inspired Katharine Lee Bates in 1893 to write "America the Beautiful" inspired Neil Waldman, one hundred years later, to illustrate Bates's poem with gorgeous acrylic paintings.

Waldman's stunning panoramas take us from coast-to-coast: from Niagara Falls to Napa's fruited plains, from Mount Rushmore to the Statue of Liberty. In the back of the book, there is a glossary that provides readers with more information about each site. Also included is the sheet music for the song "America the Beautiful," combining Bates's poem with the music of Samuel A. Ward's hymn.

Join Katharine Lee Bates and Neil Waldman as they marvel at the beauty of our country, and celebrate its glory.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:31 -0400)

An illustrated edition of the nineteenth-century poem, later set to music, celebrating the beauty of America.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,321,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible