The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov
Member:jfcaron
Title:The Robots of Dawn
Authors:Isaac Asimov
Info:Spectra (1994), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages

The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov (1983)

Nightfall by Isaac Asimov (LE.Draqonoviicht)
    LE.Draqonoviicht: Both books do a great job, in their own ways, of taking the reader to places / alter-realities where whet is 'common-form'. for us, is not the standard for those who live where these books will take you.
    I, Robot by Isaac Asimov (longway)
    The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov (longway)
    The Naked Sun by Isaac Asimov (longway)

English (67)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Slovak (1)  All languages (71)
This book is not worth your time.

This book is a mystery with an obvious solution. There are no surprises. This is typical of Asimov's books, which are mainly a vehicle to show off his interesting worlds. That being said, this world is not interesting. He mainly uses this book to showcase his thoughts on sexuality. Every female character is introduced in this book by one of two ways: describing her body with heavy emphasis on secondary sex characteristics or describing a sexual act they have done. The sexual act is always one that audiences of the time would have found distasteful. I found one of them distasteful and the other just weirdly unnecessary. This is also the first Asimov book I've read with a sex scene in it and it is a weird one.

If you want to read an interesting Asimov book, try Nightfall and Other Short Stories. If you want an interesting Sci-Fi book, try and of the myriad of choices. The only two reasons to read this book are: you're a completion who wants to read all of Asimov's Robot and Foundation series (me) or you are very interested in the weird sex stuff that a 63 year old man is into.

Side note: it was my plan to continue to the next book in the series but after those four terrible books in a row, I will take a break. ( )
1 vote BobbyCutiePie | Sep 8, 2018 |
Audio version was very good for the first 3 books in this series. I especially liked the voice of the various robots. I enjoyed following the plot along and being surprised at the end.

I'm looking forward to the final book, Robots and Empire, and then on into the Foundation series once again. ( )
  ajlewis2 | Jul 11, 2018 |
Op naar de koppeling met de Foundation serie. lees volgorde opzoeken ( )
  EdwinKort | Jul 4, 2018 |
I still don't understand why the humanish robots building the new Auroran-style worlds were supposed to have robot babies, but that wasn't really central to the plot. ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |
A supremely sublime piece of writing by one of the greats. Asimov writes an engaging story that's hard to put down, and makes you want to solve the mystery just as much as the protagonist. A great book. ( )
  L_Will | May 14, 2018 |

Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zinoni, DelioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Minsky, Marvin
Engelberger, Joseph F.
Dedicated to Marvin Minsky and Joseph F. Engelberger, who epitomize (respectively) the theory and practice of robotics.
Elijah Baley found himself in the shade of the tree and muttered to himself, "I knew it. I'm sweating."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553299492, Mass Market Paperback)

A millennium into the future two advances have altered the course of human history: the colonization of the Galaxy and the creation of the positronic brain. Isaac Asimov's Robot novels chronicle the unlikely partnership between a New York City detective and a humanoid robot who must learn to work together.

Detective Elijah Baiey is called to the Spacer world Aurora to solve a bizarre case of roboticide. The prime suspect is a gifted roboticist who had the means, the motive, and the opportunity to commit the crime. There's only one catch: Baley and his positronic partner, R. Daneel Olivaw, must prove the man innocent. For in a case of political intrigue and love between woman and robot gone tragically wrong, there's more at stake than simple justice. This time Baley's career, his life, and Earth's right to pioneer the Galaxy lie in the delicate balance.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:26 -0400)

Detective Elijah Bailey and his robot partner R. Daneel Olivaw are sent to the Spacer world of Aurora to solve a bizarre case of roboticide.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,220,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible