The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov
Info:Spectra (1994), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Laura Perenic
Rating:***
Tags:adult, science fiction

The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov (1983)

Recently added bySouthgateBooks, Rawpunk, expatscot, private library, Lumifg, nzhunt, Ziusudra, Evansville
    Nightfall by Isaac Asimov (LE.Draqonoviicht)
    LE.Draqonoviicht: Both books do a great job, in their own ways, of taking the reader to places / alter-realities where whet is 'common-form'. for us, is not the standard for those who live where these books will take you.
    The Naked Sun by Isaac Asimov (longway)
    I, Robot by Isaac Asimov (longway)
    The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov (longway)

English (47)  Italian (1)  Slovak (1)  French (1)  All languages (50)
It pisses me off that I loved this stunted drivel as a kid. So much of what's wrong with me is Asimov's fault. OK, and Heinlein's. ( )
  meekGee | Jul 6, 2015 |
This is the one book where I figured out what was going on before I got to the end. It revealed itself but wasn't made obvious until the last chapter. It's tied too much to the Foundation novels so the finale becomes easy to see. That is if you've read the Foundation novels first. Its a good story, though slower than other books I've read from Asimov. I still think it's better than other books I've read but my picking up on the culprit takes Aaron little something off this book for me. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
There are a lot of interesting concepts in this book, esp regarding the use of robots. Some issues include robot vs human exploration of space, as companions, and varying levels of artificial intelligence. Asimov crafts a brilliant society on Aurora, and the contrast w the other Spacer planets and Earth are insightful as to where we are headed as a planet. ( )
  delta351 | Mar 15, 2015 |
Puzzling case of roboticide sends New York Detective Elijah Baley on an intense search for a murderer. But can anything prepare a simple Earthman for the psychological complexities of a world where a beautiful woman can easily have fallen in love with an all-too-human robot? ( )
  Tutter | Feb 23, 2015 |
As the third in Asimov's Robot Series, this one is just as good as the previous. Baley once again faces seemingly insurmountable odds to solve a problem. At stake: Not only his reputation, his job, his life - but the fate of all humans on Earth. I enjoyed journeying to a new planet with Baley, seeing a new society through his eyes. As with the other novels, the mystery is balanced with Baley's growth as a person, as a human, as an Earthman. I'm eager to see where Asimov takes Baley next. ( )
  empress8411 | Jan 21, 2014 |

Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zinoni, DelioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Minsky, Marvin
Engelberger, Joseph F.
Dedicated to Marvin Minsky and Joseph F. Engelberger, who epitomize (respectively) the theory and practice of robotics.
Elijah Baley found himself in the shade of the tree and muttered to himself, "I knew it. I'm sweating."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553299492, Mass Market Paperback)

A millennium into the future two advances have altered the course of human history: the colonization of the Galaxy and the creation of the positronic brain. Isaac Asimov's Robot novels chronicle the unlikely partnership between a New York City detective and a humanoid robot who must learn to work together.

Detective Elijah Baiey is called to the Spacer world Aurora to solve a bizarre case of roboticide. The prime suspect is a gifted roboticist who had the means, the motive, and the opportunity to commit the crime. There's only one catch: Baley and his positronic partner, R. Daneel Olivaw, must prove the man innocent. For in a case of political intrigue and love between woman and robot gone tragically wrong, there's more at stake than simple justice. This time Baley's career, his life, and Earth's right to pioneer the Galaxy lie in the delicate balance.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:26 -0400)

Detective Elijah Bailey and his robot partner R. Daneel Olivaw are sent to the Spacer world of Aurora to solve a bizarre case of roboticide.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,057,432 books! | Top bar: Always visible