Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep…

Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (original 2004; edition 2012)

by Liz Kessler, Sarah Gibb (Illustrator)

Member:horsecat101
Title:Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep
Authors:Liz Kessler
Other authors:Sarah Gibb (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 240 pages

Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep by Liz Kessler (2004)

This book would be great for an 8-10 year old girl I think. Very cute sequel to the first book, The Tale of Emily Windsnap. ( )
  gildaclone | Dec 30, 2017 |
Emily Windsnap's dad is a merman! So they move to a place called Allpoints Island. Her best friend Shona is a mermaid and so is she. Some girls dare them to go into a dark cave. It turns out that its a scary monster that lives in the darkest depths of the ocean. Emily and Shona must figure out how to stop the crazy thing from destroying Allpoints Island.
I thought that Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep was a great book. I love fantasy and adventure and if you are anything like me with what you like to read, you will love this book. It will keep you wondering all night if Emily and Shona will survive. If you read the first book, Mandy Rushton is in here too. Read this book if you want to know what happens to Allpoints Island. ( )
  Olivia.Rose3 | Apr 1, 2015 |
Emily Windsnap and the Monsters from the Deep is not a book I would recommend. The reason why I started reading the book is because of a reading challenge I chose to do for school but I just couldn't continue reading it.
This book was predictable and didn't grab my attention one bit. This book is definitely for younger kids and I would not recommend this for teenagers! Even though I only got to page 60 I knew that this book wasn't going anywhere. Every time I picked up this book I got distracted every single time because there was nothing to keep me hooked in. It was confusing and just a very weird book that I didn't like one bit. ( )
  br14krsu | Nov 14, 2013 |
Same deal as the first. Really annoying, "I've done something bad my parents won't love me anymore" mentality. Very fast read though. Also a very standard, Bermuda Triangle story with a kraken thrown in for good measure.
But probably just fine for the target audience.
  Ilithyia | Jan 16, 2010 |
I never finsherd will probably donate ( )
  Katiehol | May 4, 2009 |

Liz Kesslerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gibb, SarahIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, FintyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Below the thunders of the upper deep; Far far beneath in the abysmal sea, His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep The Kraken sleepeth..."  from "The Kraken," by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
For Hannah, Barney, Katie...and Mum
Close your eyes.

"High-action adventure, a plucky protagonist, and whimsical illustrations enliven this sea fantasy, which will be most thoroughly appreciated by series followers." — BOOKLIST

Picture an island set in a glittering blue sea, sparkling with white sand and palm trees, a secret place where humans and merfolk live together. To Emily Windsnap — half mermaid, half human — her new home is perfect. That is, until Emily ruins everything by waking a legendary sea monster known as the kraken from its hundred-year sleep. . . . An enchanting tale with a fabulous monster, engaging characters, and plenty of mermaid magic, this second fantasy about Emily Windsnap is filled with charm and warmth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:35 -0400)

Reunited with her merman father and now living on an island located in the Bermuda Triangle, twelve-year-old Emily accidentally awakens the fearsome kraken and also faces a bully from her past.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763625043, 0763633011

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,595,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible