Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections…

Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga

by Rolf Gates

This book looked very promising and I was truly hoping to read something about yoga that didn't end up taking me down that religion path that lately all these books seem to do. There are some good entries here and there; but mostly it's too holy for my taste. Some of us like our yoga religion free and each passing day it's harder and harder to find someone who has this vision as well. All in all it's a meh read. ( )
  AleAleta | Oct 25, 2013 |
Daily reflections on all the major philosophical themes of yoga, with some great quotes. Sometimes if feels like the author is just trying to fill up space, but other times his insights are profound. A good source for readings. ( )
  gratefulyoga | Feb 9, 2012 |
A thought provoking and inspirational daily read that all yogis and aspirants can relate to. Thanks for this amazing book Rolf and for sharing your yoga/life journey with us. ( )
  Saraswati_Library | Nov 12, 2008 |
  SoulSpace_Library | May 28, 2007 |
A daily read for me. ( )
1 vote pjj | Mar 11, 2007 |

AN ANCHOR BOOKS ORIGINAL

As more and more people in the West pursue yoga in its various forms, whether at traditional centers, in the high-powered atmosphere of sports clubs, or on their own, they begin to realize that far from being just another exercise routine, yoga is a discipline of the body and the mind.

The 365 meditations incluided in this book offer a way to integrate the mindfulness that yoga teaches into everyday life. Whether used in the morning to set the tone for the day, during yoga exercise itself, or at the end of the day, during evening reflection, Meditations from the Mat will support and enhance anyone’s yoga journey.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:34 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,496,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible