Double Deception/Double Jeopardy by Terri…

Double Deception/Double Jeopardy (2014)

by Terri Reed

262628,170 (4)1
"Her faith had always been strong enough to see her through tragedy--until Kate Wheeler's world turned deadly. Her husband had been murdered, and the discovery of his double life sent her on the run...into the protective custody of Sheriff Brody McClain. Brody vowed to help Kate uncover the truth about her husband's death. As Kate and Brody tried to outwit her enemies on a cross-country chase, the couple found themselves drawn to each other by more than mere circumstance. But the unmasking of the criminal mastermind might just be the thing that destroys Kate's trust--and faith--forever."--Cover.… (more)

Both novels started off slowly. It took me a while to get to care for the characters. I think it was a little easier in the second novel because I'd already been introduced to Patrick McClain slightly in the first novel.

I liked that both female protagonists are strong women who are set on righting a wrong as well as both being believers. I felt Kate did more to help Brody find his way back to faith than Anne did for Patrick, but maybe that is because Kate used words and explanations where Anne used another method that wasn't as obvious to me. I liked the closeness of the McClain family.

I didn't like the formulaic feel of the plots. In both cases the McClain man (who is mad at God for allowing their father to die) meets the woman who is more involved with church etc. Both men want to protect the woman (and end up feeling possessive toward her) and both need the woman to intervene to get over their blaming of God.

Overall, I thought they were well done for novels in the Love Inspired series. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Oct 20, 2018 |
A great Inspirational Suspense short story ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.
                                                     ---Deuteronomy 31:6
To my husband, my hero. I love you always and forever.
Brody McClain hated storms.
    The pounding rain and swirling wind off the Nantucket Sound were relentless, like the nightmares that had plagued him for five years.
    Old anger resurfaced and burned in his gut.
    With a shake of his head, he pushed the memories aside and focused his attention back on the small cottage. Concentrate.
Also contains Double Deception by Terri Reed (published 2007)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,817,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible