Forward the Foundation by Isaac Asimov
4,246371,168 (3.78)1 / 41

English (33)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Slovak (1)  All (37)
A bit forced and pat in too many places, but then he was piecing together his Foundation canon. Still, it was more enjoyable than his earlier books, despite its shortcomings. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
the immediate prequel to the Foundation Trilogy [which I shall now have to reread]. Seldon is on Trantor and trying to get psychohistory ready in time. This book covers about 30 years. Not really interesting unless one was a big Foundation buff, which I am not. Founds the first Foundation and uses his granddaughter as the nucleus for the Second Foundation. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Freaking amazing. A fantastic work. Having read the previous 6 Foundation books, this prequel was a joy. To finally see the pieces of the Foundation come together.... knowing what it would ultimately turn in to. I love this man's style. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
Painful and utterly atrocious. Thus far the series has been ridiculously dialogue heavy and dearth of description. The characters are underwhelming, the narrator, monotonous, and the story, dull with notes of bigotry. ( )
  LaPhenix | May 24, 2016 |
This and "Prelude" were fabulous in the sense that everything came to a close, and Asimov definitely had a point to work backwards (or maybe forwards?) from. I could stop at this book, as I am fully satisfied with the story, but I'm excited to see how Hari became a legend and how exaggerated stories about him got. ( )
  angarrc | Mar 14, 2016 |

Asimov, IsaacAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Larkin, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Montanari, GianniTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all my loyal readers
DEMERZEL, ETO - … While there is no question that Eto Demerzel was the real power in the government during much of the reign of Cleon I, historians are divided as to the nature of his rule.(Chapter 1 Headnote)
'I tell you again, Hari,' said Yugo Amaryl, ' that your friend Demerzel is in deep trouble.'

Hari Seldon plots
psychohistory while plots
threaten its future.
(ed.pendragon)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553565079, Mass Market Paperback)

A stunning testament to his creative genius. Forward The Foundation is a the saga's dramatic climax -- the story Asimov fans have been waiting for. An exciting tale of danger, intrigue, and suspense, Forward The Foundation brings to vivid life Asimov's best loved characters: hero Hari Seldon, who struggles to perfect his revolutionary theory of psychohistory to ensure the survival of humanity; Cleon II, the vain and crafty emperor of the Galactic Empire,

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:04 -0400)

In this stunning finale to one of the greatest science fiction adventures of all time, Asimov looks back to the development of one of science fiction's most popular creations: the science of Psychohistory, which predicts the actions of society.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,313,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible