Black Dahlia by James Ellroy

Black Dahlia (original 1987; edition 2011)

by James Ellroy

Member:theKillERJOnes
Title:Black Dahlia
Authors:James Ellroy
Info:Windmill (2011), Paperback, 384 pages

The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy (1987)

English (71)  French (6)  Italian (3)  Spanish (2)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (84)
I wasn't impressed. ( )
  kosana | Jan 21, 2016 |
I wasn't impressed. ( )
  kosana | Jan 21, 2016 |
I enjoyed this piece of fiction. Over-obsessed cops combined with loose women make for a pretty good tale. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
The fictional tale of the real life Black Dahlia murder which occured in Los Angeles in 1947. The story is told from the POV of Bucky Bleichert an LAPD cop who gets pulled into the investigation along with his partner Lee Blanchard. The story was well told and the solution believable but the story is very dark. Only one character is even remotely likeable. Hard to read when I really didn't like the main character. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
Even though I kept not liking the book I had to keep reading to know what happened. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Jan 15, 2016 |

James Ellroyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lorenzin, LucianoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mutarelli, LourençoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vlek, RonaldTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Now I fold you down, my drunkard, my navigator, My first lost keeper, to love or look at later.
- Anne Sexton
To Geneva Hilliker Ellroy 1915-1958
Mother:
Twenty-nine years later, this valediction in blood
I never knew her in life.
This has been going on since Mae West was a virgin.

On January 15, 1947, the torture-ravished body of a beautiful young woman is found in a Los Angeles vacant lot. The victim makes headlines as the Black Dahlia-and so begins the greatest manhunt in California history.Caught up in the investigation are Bucky Bleichert and Lee Blanchard: Warrants Squad cops, friends, and rivals in love with the same woman. But both are obsessed with the Dahlia-driven by dark needs to know everything about her past, to capture her killer, to possess the woman even in death. Their quest will take them on a hellish journey through the underbelly of postwar Hollywood, to the core of the dead girl's twisted life, past the extremes of their own psyches-into a region of total madness.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:06 -0400)

The murder of a beautiful young woman in 1947 Los Angeles sparks an investigation in which Bucky Bleichert, Lee Blanchard, L.A.P.D. Warrants Squad cops, ex-boxers, friends, and adversaries become obsessed by the case.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,069,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible