Töchter des Windes: Roman by Nora…

Töchter des Windes: Roman (original 1995; edition 2012)

by Nora Roberts, Uta Hege (Übersetzer)

Member:jippieju
Title:Töchter des Windes: Roman
Authors:Nora Roberts
Other authors:Uta Hege (Übersetzer)
Info:Blanvalet Taschenbuch Verlag (2012), Kindle Edition, 477 Seiten
Tags:deutsch

Born in Ice by Nora Roberts (1995)

Recently added byrena75, crybirt78, Spoto-Media

amazing book ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
This is a re-read because it is fun and about Ireland. . Nora Roberts knows how to pull you heart strings, have you connect with her characters, make you laugh and cry and all in the same book. Visit West Ireland and Dublin and a few other places on the other side of the world. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Mar 5, 2017 |
In Born in Ice, Nora Roberts continues her series with the emotional love story of the second Concannon sister, Brianna. American born Gray Thane has arrived in Ireland to spend a quiet summer in the peaceful country and write his next multi-million dollar bestseller. Brianna has turned her home into a bed-and-breakfast - a home away from home for weary travelers - and being an avid reader of Mr. Thane's books, she's downplaying her excitement about his stay to her family.

I loved this book as much as the first one! I read along with the audio and it was absolute bliss to hear Fiacre's brogue again. It adds such a charming ambiance to the overall experience and meshes with Roberts' writing so perfectly. I could easily visualize Brianna's kitchen and gardens. This story has more mystery to it, which makes me eager to move onto the next book.

I liked that Gray's 'author' personality was true to form and found Brianna's amusement (or frustration) with his random spurts of inspiration highly entertaining. Maybe I'm being egocentric...but I've done the same thing to my husband more than once. I was also pleased to see Brianna's character grow and laughed out loud several times at the way Gray handled her mother.

This is a lovely series that I would recommend to all fans of adult romance. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | May 11, 2016 |
It feels as if you're visiting Ireland in this trilogy and I reread it every 2 years or so.
Brianna is an artist in her own right, even though she doesn't see it that way. She is the perfect partner for Gray, who never had a home and keeps convincing himself he doesn't need one. Brianna also grows after she meets Gray, especially where her mother is concerned.
Grade: A ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the story of Grayson and Brianna--their histories as well as the present story of the two of them. Brianna's love of home and homemaking brought me warm n fuzzy feelings--I should wish to be half as inspired! I'm like her in that I love people and love having them around me. As for Grayson, I really liked the writerly quirks described--as a writer, those made me laugh! A great story of two neat people who found home and love in each other. ( )
  Dana_Britt | Aug 25, 2014 |
"I've been a wild rover for many the year"
The Wild Rover
To all my ancestors who traveled across the foam
The wild wind raced cursing across the Atlantic and pounded its fists over the fields of the west counties.

When the harsh storms of winter descended upon western Ireland the locals stayed indoors--and visitors stayed away. Brianna Concannon's bed-and-breakfast became a cold and empty place. But that was fine with Brianna. She enjoyed the peace and quiet, even when the icy winds howled at her window. But this year she's expecting an unusual guest…mystery writer Grayson Thane from America. He plans to spend the cold winter alone, but sometimes fate has a plan of its own. Sometimes a fire can be born in ice.…

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515116750, Mass Market Paperback)

Brianna Concannon is a woman with a rare gift for creating a home, and she makes use of this talent by running a bed-and-breakfast in a picturesque corner of Ireland. Mystery writer Grayson Thane is an American who grew up in an orphanage and has spent his life alone. A restless wanderer with a painful past, Grayson arrives at Blackthorn Cottage intent only on soaking up the Irish atmosphere and writing his next novel, but he finds far more than he bargained for. The beautiful, calm Brianna soothes his disquiet soul, and in her Grayson finds the home he hadn't realized he needed. Brianna knows that by falling for him, she risks her heart, already bruised and scarred by a young love who left her at the altar. But the yearning to let the American melt the ice around her cold exterior is irresistible. Unless Grayson can let go of his past to forge a future with her, Brianna may have gambled her heart in vain.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:44 -0400)

Even though the harsh winters of western Ireland keep visitors away from Brianna's bed-and-breakfast inn, she expects Grayson Thane, a successful American mystery author, who plans to spend the winter alone writing his new novel. But sometimes fate has a plan of its own. Sometimes fire can be born in ice. The second installment of Roberts's Irish trilogy featuring the Concannon sisters.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,606,749 books! | Top bar: Always visible