dismiss

Chesapeake Blue (2002)

by Nora Roberts

Series: Chesapeake Bay (4)

English (26)  Dutch (1)  All languages (27)
This is going to be short, this book was not needed at all. Roberts jumps 18 years in time and we have Seth Quinn returning to St. Christopher, now a world celebrated painter (I maybe laughed at that) who is hiding something from his family. Seth instantly becomes intrigued by a local florist and he takes after Cameron with the whole, so we are just going to be in a relationship cause that is what I want. What sends Seth back to St. Christopher was beyond dumb. And his relationship with florist Drusilla lacks any heat at all. The only saving grace to this book is that you get to see how the relationships we got to see in the first three books have turned out. I was disappointed this book mostly showcases Seth, Drusilla, Anna, and Seth. I wanted more scenes with Ethan and Grace. I was okay with barely any scenes with Phillip and Sybill.

"Chesapeake Blue" has Seth Quinn returning to his hometown after I think 5 years or so away in Europe. He plans on staying and working at his family's boat business, while also painting. Something is troubling him though and he doesn't know what to do. He fall in lust at first sight when he comes across florist Drusilla Whitcomb Banks. Dru is wary of becoming involved with Seth or anyone after her last relationship. Things don't improve when she starts showing signs of jealousy because of Seth's relationship with his cousin Aubrey. And there was a whole scene about that and I maybe screamed into a pillow.

I think the problem with this book is now that Seth is grown, there was no need to tell this story. The first three books had a stronger tie, you had three brothers trying to do right by their father. This book just info dumps about the couples we have read about and we don't really get a sense of anyone in this one beyond Aubrey, Cameron, and Anna, and their kids.

The writing was not good in this. There was no real tension until I think 50 percent or so into the book when you find out why Seth returned home. And then I got annoyed because the reason was a dumb one and Seth's justification for being this stupid didn't ring true at all. The flow was awful.

The ending was just blah. ( )
  ObsidianBlue | Jul 1, 2020 |
"A Trilogy 4/3" ( )
  expatb | Jun 8, 2020 |
Typical Nora Roberts, always a good read! This fourth book in the series tells the story of Seth, the youngest of the Quinn brothers, after he returns to Chesapeake Bay after five years away. ( )
  GNSPbooks | Mar 19, 2020 |
The four books in this series are fantastically done, I love the strength and love between all the brothers and how they deal with their problems. I've read this series countless times and keep going back to it. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
In Chesepeake Blue, Seth Quinn returns home from Europe. After a successful career as a painter, he knows he needs to return home. Ever since he was fourteen years old, there is a secret that has been haunting him and feels a need to return home and to his family. After a family homecoming that lightens Seth heart and spirit. After overcoming his childhood that was a hellish nightmare, he is now more than ever determined to find joy in life and with his family now that he has returned home for good. Then through a course of fate he meets a woman who runs a florist shop in St Christopher, a woman who he views as a challenge. After meeting her Seth knows he needs to paint her and truly get to know the woman beneath the cool exterior. But there is a rising storm on the horizon, that will come to haunt him and his family if he finds the strength to seek help from those that truly love him.

As I have loved this series, this is the final installment of the series. In this one I read this book "Audio" style. Its been some time since I have listened to a book by Nora Roberts, but I am glad that I did. Of all the brothers of the Quinn family, Seth is definitely my favorite, especially as we see his childhood in the previous three books, we see a terrified little boy who has been sorely treated in his young life, but then is adopted into the Quinn family and shown the value of family and love. Who encouraged him how to work hard and develop his talents, especially his talent for painting which has made him famous world wide. Now as he returns home Then he meets Drusilla, where a passion and a powerful love ignites between them. Drusilla has grown up in a family unit whereas wealth and title mean everything. Having been hurt in the past, she doesn't dare trust herself to be hurt by love once more. But when she meets Seth, things change, and the ice around her heart melts with every tender caress and kiss. This is a tender story where both Seth and Dru will have to trust in each other and in Seth's family to overcome the rising challenge that could tear his whole family apart including the new love he has found in his life. This was such a enchanting story, where all the pieces of the puzzle come together and with a full satisfying end that leaves the reader content. So if you love Nora Roberts than you will definitely fall in love with the Quinn family on Chesepeake Bay! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 21, 2019 |

Naujokat, AngelikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Papelard, Elssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Valle Simón, CarmenTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Werner,HoniCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own.
Edwin Markam
Art is the accomplice of love.
Remy de Gourmont
TO EVERY READER WHO EVER ASKED when are you going to tell Seth's story?
"He was coming home."

Seth Quinn is finally home. It's been a long journey. After a harrowing boyhood with his drug-addicted mother, he'd been taken in by the Quinn family, growing up with three older brothers who'd watched over him with love. Now a grown man returning from Europe as a successful painter, Seth is settling down on Maryland's Eastern Shore, surrounded once again by Cam, Ethan, and Phil, their wives and children, all the blessed chaos of the extended Quinn clan. Finally, he's back in the little blue-and-white house where there's always a boat at the dock, a rocker on the porch, and a dog in the yard. Still, a lot has changed in St. Christopher since he's been gone-and the most intriguing change of all is the presence of Dru Whitcomb Banks. A city girl who's opened a florist shop in this seaside town, she craves independence and the challenge of establishing herself without the influence of her wealthy connections. In Seth, she sees another kind of challenge-a challenge that she can't resist. But storms are brewing that are about to put their relationship to the test. Dru's past has made her sensitive to deception-and slow to trust. And Seth's past has made him a target of blackmail-as a secret he's kept hidden for years threatens to explode, destroying his new life and his new love...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,003,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible