Daring to Dream by Nora Roberts

Daring to Dream (1996)

by Nora Roberts

Series: Dream Trilogy (1), (Dream Trilogy #1)

Recently added byJamieTeska, private library, brittanycherlyn, Addams95, Rena37, ksahitya1987, kkilway

I really liked this story. It captured my interest from the start and maintained it throughout. I felt the emotions of the characters and I love it when the male admits love first. Margo loses everything in a scandal and goes home to her old friends including Josh, now an attorney.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
I came to the Nora Roberts party late, but having made an effort over the last couple of years of expanding my fluff horizons, I thought I should at least see what the fuss is all about. This was the first book I read from the author and it wasn't a bad start. I'd actually picked this book up a long time ago and put it down after reading the first few pages because, well, I'm not entirely sure why. There's nothing wrong with it over than it's a bit overwrought. In my older age, however, that didn't bother me in any way. In fact, within a few pages, I didn't want to put it down and, since this was my bedtime reading book, actually would head up to bed early just so that I could get a few more chapters in. (Going to bed early is unheard of for me.) I was unexpectedly drawn to the characters, surprised to like nearly every single one. The plot was also more than sufficient to hold my interest and didn't seem too dated. So why only 3 1/2 stars? It was very formulaic -- which obviously works for Nora Roberts, given her massive success. And, in a way, that's better for her since, although I have no interest in going back and rereading this particular book, I've now begun looking for her other books instead as they are a known and trusted quantity. I would certainly recommend it for a quick, engaging read. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Jun 22, 2012 |
Margo is beautiful. And she knows it. Determined to find fortune and fame, she heads for Hollywood and ends up a smashingly successful model - that is until it all comes crashing down around her ears. Coming home broke and humiliated isn't easy. But when you have two best friends like Kate and Laura, anything's possible. A new business, and a new romance have promise - but can Margo ever look beyond herself enough to find the happily ever after that's been waiting for her?

Margo's story kicks off a new trilogy in Robert's classic style. This one's great for an afternoon's curl-up on the couch. ( )
  SunnySD | May 15, 2012 |
Daring to Dream (#1 in the Dream Trilogy) follows fiesty Margo Sullivan from her modeling days, the inevitable fall from grace, and then straight jump into bed with a man who she's known all her life. This book, and I swear I don't generally say this about Nora Roberts' books, felt contrived and silly from the onset. I found Margo to be a brat and her newfound love, Josh Templeton, a jerk with anger and jealousy issues. Margo, of course the housekeeper's daughter, grew up in the fabulously wealthy Templeton household... think the Hiltons. If you can't imagine caring about Paris' love life, skip Margo's.

Margo's fall from fame to finding her love and newest successful and money-making adventure was too quick and left me not caring all that much about any of them. Giving the author the benefit of the doubt, I did pick up #2 in the trilogy, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. After all, few of her books have.

One of the things I love about Nora Roberts is her books aren't generally predictable. She has written trilogies on vampires (The Circle Trilogy), witches (Three Sisters Island Trilogy) and has a series of thrillers under the alias J.D. Robb, and all the ones I've read have been well written and pulled you in from the beginning.

So don't judge an author by one book, especially one as prolific as Nora. ( )
  etjrbach | Feb 25, 2011 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Burr, SandraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lemos, A.B. PinheiroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Il ne reviendrait plus.

Margo Sullivan had everything a young woman could ask for. But while growing up along the rocky cliffs of Monterey, she couldn't help but dream of bigger things. The daughter of the Templeton's stern Irish housekeeper, Margo had been treated like a member of the family. Deep down, she knew that money could not buy the one thing she craved most--her mother's acceptance. Maybe things would be different if she could be sweet like Laura--or had Kate's shrewd head for business. But all Margo knew how to do was be Margo, and that meant doing things her own way--no matter what the consequences...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515119202, Mass Market Paperback)

Set in Monterey, California, this first novel in the Dream trilogy features Margo Sullivan, the feisty and beautiful daughter of a wealthy family's housekeeper. She's been offered the same privileges as the Templeton children, but Margo resents handouts. She feels she has much to prove to herself, her surrogate family, and her mother. Margo dreams big--she wants wealth, fame, and success--but she doesn't want anyone else's help. Her plan is to go as far away from home as possible, so she starts with Hollywood and then moves on to Europe, where she finds fame as a supermodel. But when her world comes crashing down around her, Margo discovers that reaching out for help--especially to your family--can be just as challenging and rewarding as solving your problems on your own.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:00 -0400)

Margo, the daughter of the Templeton's stern Irish housekeeper, has been treated like one of the family. And deep down, she knew that money could not buy her mother's acceptance.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,080,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible