Divine Evil by Nora Roberts

Divine Evil

by Nora Roberts

I liked the book itself. Nora Roberts is a great writer and I have enjoyed her other books immensely. On my 1992 copy it is categorized as fiction. I am glad it is not under the romance category because I would greatly be disappointed regarding that. To me it is not a romance, it is more of a horror story but since I do like horrors and thrillers, I enjoyed reading the book. It was very graphic but she could branch out to horror if she chose because she did write it very well. I can't say I would recommend it to romance readers but possibly to horror fans or thriller fans. ( )
  ladyofunicorns | Jan 3, 2014 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
NIL
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
This Book is a little bit darker than the usual Nora Roberts. While I absolutely love the more mystical side of her writing, I thought this one was a little bit too much. The writing was good as always but the subject was far darker than I expected with circumstances that were more than a bit disturbing. Keep that in mind when picking up this book. ( )
  Silversi | Aug 19, 2010 |
I ENJOYED THIS BOOK VERY MUCH. THE ENDING WAS CRAZY. I CANT BELIEVE WHAT NORA ROBERTS REVEALED AT THE END THAT THE LEADER WAS THE WOMEN! I WAS FLABBERGASTED. BUT OVERALL IT SEEMED LIKE THIS KIND OF STORY WOULD OCCUR IN REAL LIFE RATHER THAN HER USUAL FAIRYTALE STORIES, THAT ARE STILL GOOD TO ENJOY ( )
  perryel10 | Apr 13, 2010 |
Men would be angels, angels would be gods.
--Alexander Pope

What's past is prologue.
--Shakespeare
The rite began an hour after sunset.

With blowtorch and steel Clare Kimball has sculpted a personal vision that commands the attention of the New York art world. But success cannot burn away the vague, troubling memories, the half-remembered nightmares that have plagued Clare since childhood. These phantoms of the past have drawn her home to Maryland, to the small town where she grew up and where her father died in circumstances never really explained. Emmitsboro is just as Clare remembered--the same familiar faces, the same chatty gossip passed over the counter at the local diner. Nothing much has changed--except Cameron Raferty. Once the high-school bad boy, he landed on the right side of the law and is now the town sheriff. The only clue to his wild, passionate nature is the light in his eyes when he looks at Clare. In Cam's strong arms Clare is seduced into falling in love. And into believing her small-town world is safe... But within the dark woods of Emmitsboro something evil spreads its poisonous power. Now the once-peaceful town is wrapped in a cloak of terror, hiding a treacherous heart. And now Clare must pay the price for digging up the secrets of the past ... and confront an evil that may be unstoppable--because those who practice it believe it is divine.

Bestselling author Nora Roberts dazzles once again with a powerful tale of passion, murder, and small-town scandal. In this classic novel, a woman returns to the home she left behind, to a past that is waiting to kill her....

A decade ago, sculptor Clare Kimball fled Emmitsboro, Maryland, to take the art world by storm. Now she’s celebrated as the artist of her generation. But no amount of success can eclipse the nightmares that haunt her—or the memories of her father’s suicide. Just as her star is shining brighter than ever, Clare leaves it all behind to face her demons.

Emmitsboro sheriff Cameron Rafferty loved Clare from afar all through high school. Now that she’s back, they form a bond that grows stronger each day—fueled by an attraction that’s been simmering for years. But Clare’s past soon rises up with a vengeance, rocking the town with a sinister murder that is clearly linked to her return. As an investigation gets under way, Clare and Cameron will learn that evil can linger anywhere—even in those you love and trust the most. But it’s a discovery that may come too late to save them.…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:59 -0400)

A decade ago, sulptor Clare Kimball fled Emmitsboro, Maryland, to take the art world by storm. Now she's celebrated as the artist of her generation. But no amount of success can eclipse the nightmares that haunt her - or the memories of her father's suicide. Just as her star is shining brighter than ever, Clare leaves it all behind to face her demons. Emmitsboro sheriff Cameron Rafferty loved Clare from afar all through high school. Now that she's back, they form a bond that grows stronger each day - fueled by an attraction that's been simmering for years. But Clare's past soon rises up with a vengeance, rocking the town with a sinister murder that is clearly linked to her return. As an investigation gets under way, Clare and Cameron will learn that evil can linger anywhere - even in those you love and trust the most. But it's a discovery that may come too late to save them...… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,789,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible