I Like Myself! by Karen Beaumont

I Like Myself! (2004)

by Karen Beaumont

Other authors: David Catrow (Illustrator)

rhymes about a little girl expressing confidence. Ages: 3-5. Source: Pierce college fort steilacoom library early childhood shelves.
  LaDedra | Jun 15, 2018 |
This is such a cute book and shows students that even if you have different qualities from other students, it is okay to be who you are and you should love yourself for who you are. I would love to use this book as a lesson in my classroom and show that my students show be themselves.
  taylorbeard29 | Apr 19, 2018 |
This book about self esteem encourages children to appreciate everything about themselves, whether its inside and out. The little girl doesn't care about messy hair or beaver breath, she is going to express herself and live her life happy! ( )
  mp1139 | Apr 13, 2018 |
I loved the book I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont and illustrated by David Catrow. One reason I really liked it was because of the how optimistic the plot was. This book shows a little girl liking her self no matter what her flaws are. For example, one part of the book says “Even when I look a mess, I still don’t like me any less.” This shows how much the little girl still likes herself even when she looks a mess. Another reason I greatly enjoyed this book was because of the illustrations. The illustrations really fit the mood of how optimistic the little girl is despite her flaws. For example, when the little girl says she does not care in any way what someone else may think or say, there is a big smile on her face showing she is still happy. The main idea of this book is to not care what people think and to love yourself the way you are. ( )
  MarissaSamilow | Apr 10, 2018 |
This teaches children how to love themselves. People come in different shapes, sizes , and colors, but at the end of the day she's super happy to be in the skin she's in. Never discouraged and full of smiles and energy. She shows children that there is more to themselves than they think just embrace your skins!
Age: 3-7
Source: Google Books
  JsMom18 | Mar 15, 2018 |

Karen Beaumontprimary authorall editionscalculated
Catrow, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152020136, Hardcover)

High on energy and imagination, this ode to self-esteem encourages kids to appreciate everything about themselves--inside and out. Messy hair? Beaver breath? So what! Here's a little girl who knows what really matters.
At once silly and serious, Karen Beaumont's joyous rhyming text and David Catrow's wild illustrations unite in a book that is sassy, soulful--and straight from the heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:49 -0400)

In rhyming text, a little girl expresses confidence and joy in her uniqueness, no matter her outward appearance.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,386,186 books! | Top bar: Always visible