dismiss

Say Goodbye and Goodnight by David Ruggerio

Say Goodbye and Goodnight (edition 2020)

by David Ruggerio (Author)

323,173,445 (4)None
Member:dadalo
Title:Say Goodbye and Goodnight
Authors:David Ruggerio (Author)
Info:Black Rose Writing (2020), 203 pages

Say Goodbye and Goodnight by Ruggerio David

Recently added bydadalo, Ian_Keh, EarlyReviewers

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a story about a boxer from an Italian family in the 70s, living in NY. The story is so much more than the travels and aspirations of a boxer, it is a glimpse into family life and culture during that period of time. We follow the protagonist Anthony through a series of fights, his love life, and struggles with his family and trying to break away from their stronghold over him.

This is an enjoyable, imminently readable book that kept me coming back for more. Anthony and the other characters are very likable and reading the book made me feel like I was right there at the Sunday dinner table with Anthony and his family. The story was well constructed, well-demarcated by chapters, and had an easy cadence.

I have always enjoyed reading books from Black Rose Writing and Goodbye and Goodnight by Ruggerio is no exception. I am not a boxer or boxing fan, but I became nostalgic for NYC in the 60s (and unfortunately, it couldn't help but make me think of the first Rocky movie). Anyone interested in reading about life in the city in the 60s will enjoy Goodbye and Goodnight and I recommend the read. ( )
  dadalo | Aug 1, 2020 |
Very nice work(although a little hard to read) ( )
  Ian_Keh | May 21, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Ruggerio David's book Say Goodbye and Goodnight is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,875,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible