Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman…

Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May) (2005)

by Barbara Park

Cute book with a heartwarming ending. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
This one had the kids laughing out loud, and despite some toilet humor there's quite a bit of lessons they took away from this one. Well done Barbara Park. ( )
  capiam1234 | May 19, 2014 |
Like I keep saying, Junie B. Jones is one of my favorite series of all time! I actually have never read this book before this specific one in the series, so I was excited that I had the opportunity to. The Junie B. books never cease to humor me and I found myself with a smile on my face throughout the entire read. I also never wanted to put the book down. Not only this book, but the entire series really does grant the reader comic relief because of Junie's improper language and silly thought process. Young readers can really relate to this story in particular because I remember when I was an elementary student, holiday parties were the most exciting times of the year! There message in this story is about friendship. At the end of the story, it teaches readers that taking the time to get to know someone on a higher level and actually consciously being nice to people can lead to great things. ( )
  jjones58 | May 11, 2014 |
★★★★★Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) (Junie B. Jones, #25) by Barbara Park

Kids will be kids, and sing funny songs, but will Junie B catch the holiday spirit. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
Junie B Jones is not in the Christmas spirit when it comes to her friend May. ( )
  bekeelen | Feb 20, 2013 |

AR 2.8, Pts 1.0

It’s holiday time, and Room One is doing lots of fun things to celebrate.
Like making elf costumes! And singing joyful songs! Only, how can Junie B. enjoy the festivities when Tattletale May keeps ruining her holiday glee? And here is the worst part of all! When everyone picks names for Secret Santa, Junie B. gets stuck with Tattletale you-know-who! It’s enough to fizzle your holiday spirit! Hmm . . . or is it? Maybe, just maybe, a Secret Santa gift is the perfect opportunity to give May exactly what she deserves.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:09 -0400)

Junie B. Jones wishes that May would stop being such a tattletale, but when she is stuck as May's Secret Santa it becomes real trouble.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,738,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible