Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny by…

Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny

by Barbara Park

Other authors: Denise Brunkus (Illustrator)

Series: Junie B. Jones (27)

Junie B. Jones is a wonderful book for young children to read. This particular book from the Junie B. Jones series is filled with humor and provides a positive message at the end which is why I enjoyed reading this one. I liked how the author incorporated humor on every page. I found myself laughing from the beginning to the very end. I also liked the message of friendship that was presented in this book. It is great for young readers because at that age they are developing friendships. At first you see Junie B. Jones having many conflicts with one of her classmates, Lucille Nanna, but in the end, they befriend each other once again. Moreover, young readers can relate to this book because the characters are so well-developed. First graders do call each other names, have parties, and like to choose favorites.
  Emoy1 | Mar 4, 2016 |
I read a number of Junie B's with my son enjoying them immensely and this one is no exception! Another delightful story by Barbara Park. Curricular connections - what would you do sessions and teachable moments ( )
  JillStephens | Feb 24, 2016 |
6. This adventure with Junie B. was exceptionally funny with her getting to be the bunny during the Easter egg hunt. It was another hilarious and cute book by Park. I loved reading about little kids reactions, and the things that kids say. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it to my son.
7. If students needed to read a book that was in a series this would be a great book/series to read.
  kaylac_22 | Feb 20, 2016 |
This is the first book of the Junie B. Jones series that I have read. I liked how it was written from a first graders perspective. I think it was clever how there were words that were mispronounced and spelled incorrectly. The ending was very cute.

I think the Junie B. Jones series would be a good set of books to introduce young readers too. Not only are they funny, they provide a positive message at the end. ( )
  HeatherRanalli | Jan 24, 2016 |
This story was about a little girl named Junie B. Jones and her first grade class who all get invited to their classmates house for an easter party. There is to be a big lunch and then an easter egg hunt. There is a prize of swimming in the new pool with the girl, Lucille, to the person who finds the golden easter egg. Junie and her friend May are worried that Lucille is going to cheat and tell her boyfriend where the golden egg is, so they follow him everywhere during the hunt. Every time Sheldon finds an egg May beats him to it. Junie tries to stick with them but she is having troubles because of a big pink bunny suit she was wearing that she won from an earlier competition. After the egg hunt is over, Junie trips on her suit and sees the golden egg. Her, May and Sheldon all rush forward. In the end it's Junie's hand on the egg but she takes her hand off and lets Sheldon win instead. ( )
  kvelin | Mar 3, 2015 |

Barbara Parkprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brunkus, DeniseIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

AR 2.8, Pts 1.0

It's an Easter Egg-stravaganza!

Lucille is having an Easter Egg Hunt at her rich expensive mansion! And guess what? The winner gets a play date to swim in Lucille's heated indoor swimming pool! Only, here is the problem. How did Junie B. get stuck wearing a big dumb bunny suit? And how can she possibly find eggs when she keeps tripping over her huge big rabbit feet? Being a dumb bunny is definitely not as easy as it looks. Will Junie B. end up with egg on her face? Or will the day deliver some very uneggspected results?

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:03 -0400)

First grader Junie B. Jones is determined to win the grand prize at wealthy classmate Lucille's Easter egg hunt--a playdate in Lucille's heated swimming pool.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,802,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible