Bride of Shadow Canyon by Stacey Kayne

Bride of Shadow Canyon

by Stacey Kayne

I just finished Stacey Kayne's "Wild" series and all three books were wonderful! I was really sad to see them come to an end but pushed aside my grieving :) to begin her other series starting with "Bride of Shadow Canyon". I couldn't believe how good this book was. I had high expectations and was sure I'd be in for a letdown after three other amazing books, but Stacey Kayne does not disappoint!
She does a fabulous job at really creating relationships between the reader and character. I loved everything about both Jed and Rachell in this story! The part I found especially refreshing was that the two main characters actually communicated with each other from very early on. Yippee! Seems like so many romance novels wait until the last pages for open dialogue between man and woman. I must admit, Jed had me pining for him from the first time I met him. A real man in every sense of the word. Now, if only I could find him in the real world....and what would my husband say? :) ( )
  tbsomeday | Feb 13, 2010 |

No matter what he believes about the saloon girl's past---he'll protect her future with his life!

Pulled off a train in Nevada by the henchmen sent to drag her back to Missouri and the Nightingale Saloon, Rachell prays for deliverance. A stranger appears from the shadows and frees her from her captors. Once in the care of her reluctant hero, Rachell wonders if she is any safer in the arms of a man whose eyes make her pulse quicken and gentle hands dare her to believe in the fable of love.

Jed knows he's in for trouble when the widowed boarding house keeper he's come to retrieve turns out to be a scantily-clad saloon girl. He vows to protect Rachell and get her safely to California, after he takes care of the trouble on her tail by luring them to Shadow Canyon. As they face the feral wilderness of Utah and the man determined to keep Rachell’s voice in his saloon, it is Rachell's innocent passion that becomes Jed's greatest threat, threatening to bring the light of love into his shadowed soul.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373294441, Mass Market Paperback)

When the widowed boardinghouse keeper he has come to rescue turns out to be a scantily-clad showgirl, Jed Doulan knows he's in for trouble. With his shadowed past, he'd be mad to let this spirited—and surprisingly innocent—woman get close.

Bound by a hasty marriage to her reluctant hero, Rachell Carlson senses his struggle to keep a distance between them. But the message in Jed's eyes makes her pulse quicken—and even dares her to believe in love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:49 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible