Thinking of You by Jill Mansell

Thinking of You (2007)

by Jill Mansell

English (11)  Dutch (3)  All (14)
Really silly and fun, this was one of my beach reads. Nothing to be taken seriously, it's a super chick-lit, written in the British style. Love the guys, I feel for the girls, and I think anyone with a urge to run into the balmy waves every once in a while throughout a day can lazily read through this.

mother falls in love with a restaurant owner who thinks she's a thief. Daughter falls in love with a stupid man-slut. ( )
  knotbox | Jun 24, 2016 |
Amusing family story and romance. Ginny's daughter goes to university leaving an empty nest, and Ginny tries to date again. Lighthearted and delightful ( )
  pennykaplan | May 9, 2016 |
Mansell brings us many HEAs and personal growth.

First we have Ginny, divorced, working here and there and about to be home alone as her daughter Jem is leaving for uni. She is not happy and there will be a few mistakes on the way. But as this is a Mansell book there will also be happiness and hers will be in the form of love.

Jem, her 18 year old daughter will also find herself during this year and make her own mistakes. But some mistakes have to be made.

Then we also have Ginny's best friend Clara, and Laurel who I will not say more about now. Clara is forward, and Laurel is sad. Ginny's ex husband also makes an appearance, yes they were clearly not suited together and there is a man hiding in the shadows for Ginny. I was happy about that.

There is romance, friendship, personal growth and the search for happiness. It's a feelgood book, but then it's a Mansell book and I would have been surprised if it had not ended with a smile on my face. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Nice, easy, and funny read. Adorable love story.
What I particularly enjoyed about this book was the variety and complexity of the characters, you have Ginny as the protagonist, but the author explores and makes a role for all the surrounding people in her life. Assigning them bigger chunk of the book, as for her daughter Jem or best friend Carla, or just a bit of a story here and there as for depressed-tenant Laurel and womanizer ex-husband Gavin.
Plus you have a litter of kittens… made me crave one!!!
  SaraRomanceLove | May 8, 2015 |
Ms. Mansell is always good for appealing characters and happy endings. This novel deals with philandering men, women who mistakingly choose the hope of romance over friendship, and finally the ability to forgive. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Aug 31, 2014 |

Ginny Holland's daughter Jem has headed off to university, leaving single mum Ginny with empty nest syndrome. To make matters worse, the first gorgeous man she's clapped eyes on in years has just accused her of shoplifting. She decides to advertise for a lodger, she gets Laurel, who can only talk about her ex-boyfriend.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible