Wrangler's Lady by Jackie Merritt
141683,257 (3)None

The whole 'playboys meal ticket dies, boys have to grow up' theme of the three brothers is intriguing. The heroine was basically fairly well developed, but her issues over betrayal/men was way over-the-top for what had happened. Sure ... she had every reason to be distrustful ... but the way she went about it seemed ... excessive. It's like ... sheesh ... get some therapy or something!

The hero started out a playboy and stayed that way through most of the book. The heroine was so darned MEAN to him all the time, however, that his continuing to be attracted to her just didn't seem credible. I would have appreciated more on how he grew up over the course of the book and began to enjoy his new found responsibility. He got there, but the whole focus on the heroines silly emotional baggage and the overly-contrived 'accident/injuries' just totally didn't work. The nature of the injuries, his physical symptoms, and how he recovered ALSO were totally not credible. That writing would have been much better spent showing how he earned the heroines trust by showing how he grew up and became responsible with the accident only a blurb.

In all ... I bought ... I read ... I don't regret it ... but I'll only pick up the other two books in this series if I spot them in a used bargain-bin 4:1 capacity. And then only to see if the author's writing has improved to complete the story of the other two 'spoiled playboy brothers.' I'm more in love with the concept than the writing itself. ( )
  Anna_Erishkigal | Mar 30, 2013 |

MR. MARCH

Chance Saxon: Multimillionaire playboy turned struggling rancher.

His only Ally: Single mother Cleo North, Chance's sexy forewoman.

His biggest obstacles: Possible foreclosure -- and undeniable attraction to his right-hand lady.

With a failing ranch on his hands, Chance Saxon did not need Cleo North getting under his skin. Besides, she claimed a rambling man like him would never be able to stick around. But Cleo was the one woman who could make this confirmed bachelor crave marriage.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,375,411 books! | Top bar: Always visible