The Princess Trials: A young adult dystopian…

The Princess Trials: A young adult dystopian romance (edition 2020)

by Cordelia K Castel (Author)

612,037,154 (3)None
Member:Marilyn95
Title:The Princess Trials: A young adult dystopian romance
Authors:Cordelia K Castel (Author)
Info:Independently published (2020), 504 pages
Rating:***

The Princess Trials: A young adult dystopian romance by Cordelia K Castel

No tags

The best description for this book/series in 10 words or less:
"The Hunger Games meets The Selection."

The concept of the novel/series is really interesting. It is basically a twist of The Selection and The Hunger Games. I thought the execution of this was done well enough.

The characters in the novel were an interesting mix and was a perfect mix of The Hunger Games and The Selection

Zea Calico reminds me more of a Katniss Everdeen as she is a rebel heart but her motivations are similar to America Singer. Zea is a bit on the naive side and is fueled by both anger and a desire for change.

Ryce Wintergreen reminds me very much of Gale Hawthorne. He's a born leader and encourages Zea to fight for what she believes in. He does come off to be a little manipulative, and I wish there was more characterization on him.

Prince Kevon doesn't remind me too much of the characters from The Hunger Games and The Selection. The closest association would be Prince Maxon simply because he seems to be taking this whole Princess Trials thing seriously as he tries to find his wife and future queen. I am looking forward to more of his characterization in the upcoming books.

This book felt a little bit difficult to stay focused on. It got lost mid-way through and struggled to get back into the story. Some of the plot was a little bit all over the place so it was sometimes hard to keep track of what is going on. The cliff hanger makes me want to keep reading on despite some of the struggles of staying with the book in the middle of it.

Refer to my blog for a different view of this review:

Check out other books in my personal library for reviews and recommendations:
https://literarymary.libib.com/ ( )
  Marilyn95 | Jul 23, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,909,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible