The Story of Tracy Beaker by Jacqueline…

The Story of Tracy Beaker

by Jacqueline Wilson

This is a good book but I have read better Jacqueline Wilson books. I liked Tracey Beaker, she is well described. But the plot wasn't great. ( )
  2pigs | Apr 13, 2011 |
I'm a man in his late twenties. I'm not altogether sure why I read this book, but I did find it enjoyable. I was moved by the kids in care idolizing their living parents no matter how infrequently they come to visit. There being seemingly no end to the fantasys the children construct whereby their absent mothers or fathers can remain heroes.
My wife made fun of me because I was reading a book with illustrations. :) ( )
1 vote Tambo | Jan 15, 2011 |
Not for me, this one. Perhaps cheeky 10 year olds have lost their charm for me ( )
  BookMarkMe | May 27, 2009 |

The Story of Tracy Beaker is about a girl who has been abandoned by her mother to the care of the state. She tells us in her own voice about her relations with the other children and staff in her home, with her former foster parents, and with a grownup writer who she befriends. It is heartbreaking and also funny: the humour is that Tracy is a delightfully unreliable narrator, who insists that she doesn't cry, that she didn't break the Mickey Mouse clock, that her mother is coming to visit, etc. ( )
1 vote nwhyte | May 16, 2009 |
I think it's a good book ( )
  kings9 | Apr 1, 2009 |
My name is Tracy Beaker. I am 10 years 2 months old. My birthday is on 8 May. It's not fair because that dopey Peter Ingham has his birthday then too, so we just got the one cake between us.

All told in Tracy’s own words.

Tracy is ten years old. She lives in a Children’s Home but would like a real home one day, with a real family. Follow Tracy’s story, and share her hopes for the future in this touching and often very funny tale.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:51 -0400)

Ten-year-old Tracy, who lives in a children's home because her mother was forced to give her up, dreams of getting a good foster family where she can be happy until her mother comes back for her.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,323,710 books! | Top bar: Always visible