The Story of Tracy Beaker

by Jacqueline Wilson

Series: Tracy Beaker (1)

Ten-year-old Tracy, who lives in a children's home because her mother was forced to give her up, dreams of getting a good foster family where she can be happy until her mother comes back for her.

Moving and entertaining, with a great protagonist voice. ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
A funny touching portrayal of a young girl in foster care. Only she is not the typical sweet lovely child often shown in stories of this genre. She's got issues. I did think it ended rather abruptly. I felt like it ended only half way through the story. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
This is a good book but I have read better Jacqueline Wilson books. I liked Tracey Beaker, she is well described. But the plot wasn't great. ( )
  2pigs | Apr 13, 2011 |
I'm a man in his late twenties. I'm not altogether sure why I read this book, but I did find it enjoyable. I was moved by the kids in care idolizing their living parents no matter how infrequently they come to visit. There being seemingly no end to the fantasys the children construct whereby their absent mothers or fathers can remain heroes.
My wife made fun of me because I was reading a book with illustrations. :) ( )
1 vote Tambo | Jan 15, 2011 |
Not for me, this one. Perhaps cheeky 10 year olds have lost their charm for me ( )
  BookMarkMe | May 27, 2009 |

Jacqueline Wilsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sharratt, NickIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My name is Tracy Beaker.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,780,634 books! | Top bar: Always visible